Greasy Lake Community

First Setlist Back

On 1/1/2021 at 7:31 AM, Jimmy James said:

Hopefully Western Stars is long forgotten by the time Bruce is ready to tour again! ;)

This is @Lampi 's horse but as you can see he has one to spair (yours is the one not laughing :lol:)

3d032c.png

I think we will need two tear jerkers especially dedicated to all those we have lost 

Since last tour

In the pandemic

Maybe Ghosts would fit this 

And also something dedicated to the doctors and nurses and other essential services 

While doing some running around yesterday ESR played this trio of tunes with a lot emotion. And would fit in a new show.

1. I'll See You In My Dream - Acoustic from Stand Up For Hero's

2. Moonlight Motel  - Film version

3. Racing in the Streets - Darkness 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, philipboyle said:

best album since the River, fact!

Best album since The River, your very personal opinion.

There are at least 11 Bruce Springsteen regular studio albums since The River, maybe more, that have better album covers than Western Stars (my very personal opinion). And mind you, most of them are not good album covers at all, let alone great (also my very personal opinion), but at least they don't have a picture of an...        .....but wait stop it now, jokes about -you-know-what- are soooo 2020..... (maybe that is not my very personal opinion).

....this all aside, would Western Stars really fit in an ESB show? This with the obvious exceptions of Tucson Train and Sleepy Joe's Cafe. (That is a question, not my very personal opinion).

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Lampi said:

....this all aside, would Western Stars really fit in an ESB show? This with the obvious exceptions of Tucson Train and Sleepy Joe's Cafe. (That is a question, not my very personal opinion).

Not at all, and that's coming from someone who absolutely loves WS. It's a totally left-field body of work and separate entity IMO. As much as it pains me to say, I wouldn't want to hear any songs from it on an ESB stage. That's what the film was for.