Greasy Lake Community

I can't remember if it was @Perisic or @Born To Walk who said we should have a thread for every Letter to you single

right now my favourite new song is power of prayer

I just love his singing on it

It sounds to me right off Magic and  Magic is my favourite 21st record but i had to work at Magic for quite a while where as i seem to love all of this record straight out of the block 

Who else is a fan of the power of prayer?

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I can't remember if it was @Perisic or @Born To Walk who said we should have a thread for every Letter to you single

Definitely not me. In my opinion there are way too many threads already.

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Definitely not me. In my opinion there are way too many threads already.

And I'll be looking for them all once I get this bloomin' cd. Today? I hope so.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

The Power of Prayer and House of a thousand guitars are without doubt my two favourite songs on the album.

Both wonderful melodically and lyrically, both say what has to be said without an avalanche of words running into each other. both are superbly arranged with The Power of Prayer having the advantage of having a wonderful Jake saxophone break in it. To be honest, the album could have done with a bit more of Jake in it.

In an album of gems, those two are the crown jewels for me, and I can't make up my mind yet what is Number 1 and what is Number 2 in my ratings...it keeps changing !

• Like 1

I have had it stuck in my head for a few days now. I found I was hummimg it without really knowing what it was. 

Love, love  Jake's sax solo. It just echoes Clarence spirit and makes it even more of a bittersweet song.

I agree with Daisey,  deffo 'Magic' tones too, of the guy speaking  in 'I'll Do It For Your Love' or 'Girls In Their Summer Clothes.'

What really made it click even more was Bruce's preamble on the film. The benediction in a 3 minute pop record. True fax :)

• Bruuuuce! 1

I like it! Lots.

For me it's in the upper half on the album. Haven't yet decided where exactly.

Listend to the entire album twice now and I'm spoiled for choice. It will never be THE favorite on the album for me though, 'cause "House of..." and "Song for..." are gems on that same album...

Said it before: What an Album! :wub:

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

A couple of double posts back there but this thread is a good cause :lol:

The video is as delightful as the song

I love how the tune ebbs and flows like gentle waves and troughs on a summer beach 

I would like to see this get played every stop next tour 

• Like 1
On 10/27/2020 at 10:31 AM, kl1967 said:

I thought the same. The melody is like ”Girls in their summer clothes”.

That's a huge plus in my book

And didn't Bruce have beautiful hair !

• Like 1
On 10/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, Eileen said:

Love this one! Especially the 'When I was Mary's prayer' similarity.

Yes, one of my favourites on here.

Where is the similarity? I can't hear it.

Is this the song?

Edit: Oh, you mean the melody when he sings When I was Mary's prayer? Sure, a bit similar.

• Like 1

Listened to the album today to give myself a Christmas music break. This one hasn’t aged well with me. I think it’s the singing. Kind of sounds like a Working on a Dream album song. I don’t know.