Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Moderately Official "Letter To You" Chart Position Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bruce Springsteen makes Official Chart history this week as he scores his 12th Number 1 album with Letter To You. Outselling the rest of the Top 5 combined, The Boss’ twentieth studio collection

There’s a couple of days until the charts start coming out, and we know ‘Letter To You’ was outselling the rest of the Top 5 combined in the UK mid-week chart and seemingly destined to be No. 1 on Fri

Number 1 in Scotland as with the rest of the UK, but he also has 3 songs from the new album in the official Scottish singles chart. Bruce generally sells more strongly in Scotland than the rest o

Posted Images

On 11/24/2020 at 1:44 PM, GoingDown84 said:

Germany chart positions: 2,3,2,3

In the US: 2,18,41,83 .....:blink:

Yes but in Germany, the charts are based on revenue which (mostly) excludes streaming and this is very favorable to artists like Bruce. 

Charts (such as in the US) that include streams are mostly impossible to comprehend and to compare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thunder_road_belgium said:

Week 7 in Belgium:

Flanders: 1 - 1 - 1 - 4 - 5 - 5 - 9

Wallonia: 3 - 5 - 13 - 17 - 23 - 23 - 21

I'm curious what will happen with the Christmas holiday. Will LTY end up underneath a lot of Christmas trees?

 

I think it will be. I had a look at the number for France. It went from 1.5K/week during lockdown to 5K last week. This is the holidays shopping bump (and also the effect of reopening record stores). 

Letter To You was #37 for November (in the charts that includes streamings, it would be it in the top 15 in terms of actual sales). 43 out of the Top 50 were local productions. Letter To You was #5 in records from "international" artists. 

The new AC/DC blows the charts, it's already Platinium (100K). Letter To You hit the 30K mark last week (and it's likely to sell around 45K/50K depending on December). 

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fabrice said:

I think it will be. I had a look at the number for France. It went from 1.5K/week during lockdown to 5K last week. This is the holidays shopping bump (and also the effect of reopening record stores). 

Letter To You was #37 for November (in the charts that includes streamings, it would be it in the top 15 in terms of actual sales). 43 out of the Top 50 were local productions. Letter To You was #5 in records for "international" artists. 

The new AC/DC blows the charts, it's already Platinium (100K). Letter To You hit the 30K last week (and it's likely to sell around 45K/50K depending on December). 

AC/DC's album is solid

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Doesn't the US produce more music than any other country by far?  Based on that, doesn't it make sense that the charts are constantly moving?  Also, pop artists seem to dominate the charts in the US.  I don't consider Bruce 'pop' at all.

I mean I wouldn't say he is dominating, but when you make music that is a cliché of itself the casual or new fans go "this sounds like everything else, I like that" or new fans getting the feeling it sounds like music they love (Killers are an example, sample for Bleachers) but don't recognize the name, they'll pick it up or stream it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 8:01 AM, BrilliantDisguise said:

Doesn't the US produce more music than any other country by far?  Based on that, doesn't it make sense that the charts are constantly moving?  Also, pop artists seem to dominate the charts in the US.  I don't consider Bruce 'pop' at all.

Ive seen him recently described as adult alternative (rather than adult contemporary)

I don't even know what poo music is any more 

I must admit i only got the dvd LINYC because we couldn't find BITUSA  at the record counter of a big box - not knowing then to look for him in the rock section

I mean it doesn't really matter so long as he keeps putting new music out and we keep buying it - how long he is on the top of the charts i mean 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Ive seen him recently described as adult alternative (rather than adult contemporary)

I don't even know what poo music is any more 

I must admit i only got the dvd LINYC because we couldn't find BITUSA  at the record counter of a big box - not knowing then to look for him in the rock section

I mean it doesn't really matter so long as he keeps putting new music out and we keep buying it - how long he is on the top of the charts i mean 

To be far most of this "pop" music I consider poo

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

To be far most of this "pop" music I consider poo

Opps :lol:

Why would auto correct do that !

Mind you all i feed it is Bruuuuuuce !

And yes 

Poo indeed

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Opps :lol:

Why would auto correct do that !

Mind you all i feed it is Bruuuuuuce !

And yes 

Poo indeed

Nothing wring with teaching autocorrect all the album and song abbrevs :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackcowboys01 said:

I have no idea about the sales, in any case less than 20k, it has not yet reached gold status in the Netherlands,

Thanks! 

A quick update for France : #30 in actual sales (excluding streamings) with 5.3K. If you look at "international" acts, Letter To You is #3 (#1 is AC/DC and #2 is the jazz singer Melody Gardot). 

AC/DC's last record is a smash hit : 30K/week and 150K total so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the UK sub charts:

Sales Chart - No. 10 (Up 9)

Downloads - No. 50 (Down 6)

Physical - No. 10 (Up 2)

Vinyl - No. 17 (Down 1)

Streaming - Not in Top 100

Mid Week Chart - No. 14

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...