Greasy Lake Community

The Moderately Official "Letter To You" Chart Position Thread

24 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey Keith, since Earthslayer is no longer around. Can you bring up total sales for LTY and WS? I've tried several times without any results. 

I don't know where to get sales figures either I'm afraid. @Fabrice has been quoting sales figures so maybe knows where to find this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey Keith, since Earthslayer is no longer around. Can you bring up total sales for LTY and WS? I've tried several times without any results. 

I only know this site: mediatraffic.de

according to this the sales are:

'Letter To You' by Bruce Springsteen 29,000 / 796,000,
29,000 last week and 796,000 total.

• Like 2

Unfortunatly, I don't think we've sources as reliable and comprehensives since Earthslaver is not around anymore. 

US and UK sales can be tracked through this forum UK MIX : https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-discussion/chart-analysis

I am tracking French sales through various channels. 

Certification (or absence of certification) provide some informations but are not precise. 

Thanks for posting the total by mediatrafic. I think sales are better than Western Stars

2 hours ago, Bruce The Boss said:

Anybody knows what happened to him/her? Anybody knew him/her?

I only knew him to say hello but he seemed a nice freindly guy

From what i can gather he was an Aussie working in America, he would often be on line to coincide with my insomnia 

The salea data he had was fascinating, not just Bruce either

I loved his threads 

Its sad to think of the people who just despair :(

I guess Sietze1976 meant 'Flanders' instead of 'Wallonia' in the previous post. This is week 13 in Belgium:

Flanders: 1 - 1 - 1 - 4 - 5 - 5 - 9 - 6 - 7 - 7 - 13 - 15 - 8

Wallonia: 3 - 5 - 13 - 17 - 23 - 23 - 21 - 22 - 29 - 40 - 68 - 56 - 108

Little jump upwards indeed in Flanders, while LTY is now really on the way out in Wallonia. In theory the charts go to number 200. In those lower regions you can find old albums like 'Brothers in arms' by Dire Straits or 'A&M' by Arctic Monkeys. The sales numbers for those albums may be around a few dozens.

LTY hasn't made it to a gold record yet. To certify as 'gold' in Belgium, it must sell 10.000 copies. Bruce's last gold records in Belgium were Working on a dream (2009), Devils & dust (2005) and The rising (2002). 

5 hours ago, Thunder_road_belgium said:

I guess Sietze1976 meant 'Flanders' instead of 'Wallonia' in the previous post. This is week 13 in Belgium:

Flanders: 1 - 1 - 1 - 4 - 5 - 5 - 9 - 6 - 7 - 7 - 13 - 15 - 8

Wallonia: 3 - 5 - 13 - 17 - 23 - 23 - 21 - 22 - 29 - 40 - 68 - 56 - 108

Little jump upwards indeed in Flanders, while LTY is now really on the way out in Wallonia. In theory the charts go to number 200. In those lower regions you can find old albums like 'Brothers in arms' by Dire Straits or 'A&M' by Arctic Monkeys. The sales numbers for those albums may be around a few dozens.

LTY hasn't made it to a gold record yet. To certify as 'gold' in Belgium, it must sell 10.000 copies. Bruce's last gold records in Belgium were Working on a dream (2009), Devils & dust (2005) and The rising (2002). 

I was wondering where Brussels' sales are counted. Given the size of the city, that would make a huge difference in terms of sales/actual success of the record in Belgium. 

58 minutes ago, Fabrice said:

I was wondering where Brussels' sales are counted. Given the size of the city, that would make a huge difference in terms of sales/actual success of the record in Belgium. 

Now that is a good question! And a complicated one I guess.

What is usually seen as 'Brussels' is in fact a conglomeration of 19 cities. Together they have around 1.000.000 inhabitants. The city of Brussels itself is rather small and has around 180.000 inhabitants. To make it even more complicated, Brussels is the capital of Belgium, but also the capital of the Flemisch Community ànd capital of the French-speaking Community.

So I'm also very curious who can lay their hand on the album sales in Brussels :-).

The information on the Belgian Ultratop website doesn't answer that question, so I've send the an e-mail to ask about this.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thunder_road_belgium said:

Brussels is the capital of Belgium, but also the capital of the Flemisch Community ànd capital of the French-speaking Community.

Well after reading @Fabrice's post, I was doing a little research on this the past 15 minutes on Wikipedia (nothing else to do in lockdown, curfew and there's a war outside still raging too; stay safe inside!); and Wikipedia says Namur (Namen) is the capital of Wallonia (and also of the German speaking part then, I suppose). It is all...confusing.:wacko:

It would all have been a lot easier if you never had started that Tiendaagse Veldtocht!:D (says someone born and raised in de voormalige Generaliteitslanden:ph34r:).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lampi said:

Well after reading @Fabrice's post, I was doing a little research on this the past 15 minutes on Wikipedia (nothing else to do in lockdown, curfew and there's a war outside still raging too; stay safe inside!); and Wikipedia says Namur (Namen) is the capital of Wallonia (and also of the German speaking part then, I suppose). It is all...confusing.:wacko:

It would all have been a lot easier if you never had started that Tiendaagse Veldtocht!:D (says someone born and raised in de voormalige Generaliteitslanden:ph34r:).

I think we have all increased our knowledge of Belgium thanks to this thread :)

11 hours ago, Lampi said:

Oh yes, it gets even more complicated when you dive deeper into it. The French-speaking Community (with Brussels as capital, remember?) itself is also divided in two regions: Wallonia (with Namur as capital) and Brussels (with Brussels as capital). So Brussels is the capital of Belgium, of the Flemisch Community, of the French-speaking Community and of its own Brussels Region (and un-officially the capital of Europe, since a lot of the institutions of the European Union are located in Brussels).

And indeed, you also have a German-speaking Community in Belgium, with Eupen as capital. Politically and geographically they belong to Wallonia, but they have some own policy regarding certain topics.

To resume: Belgium has got 11.000.000 inhabitants, 6 governments, 3 languages, 58 ministers and thank god a lot of Bruce-fans :-).

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

@Lampi are you guys in Lock down ?

Lockdown and a 21.00 curfew.

And war on the streets, but tonight not as bad as previous nights, it seems.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Lockdown and a 21.00 curfew.

And war on the streets, but tonight not as bad as previous nights, it seems.

I hope your lockdown is working and you send covid packing soon

10 hours ago, sietze1976 said:

Week 14 the Netherlands no 20 (from 28)

and back at no 1 (from 8) in the vinyl chart!

Maybe lockdown helping sales ?