Greasy Lake Community

My Hometown used in political ad

1 hour ago, Demos said:

Odd system you have over there. In the UK we wouldn't know how many actual votes have been cast and counted until they've all actually been counted. Yet in the US you have this running tally of the count. 

We have the running telly here

Im not kidding like 5% of the vote of a particular electorate will be counted and its made into a 10 min analysts on tv . by which time 11% of the vote might be counted somewhere else 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you look at the PA numbers in the link I posted, Ds requested ~1.16 million more mail-in ballots and returned ~1.05 million more. Applying those 95:5 and 90:10 ratios above (which actually gives th

Give him a chance. Trump had to go , it was getting farcical and dangerous in America . We in Uk look forward to his Presidency. 

Posted Images

On 11/5/2020 at 8:10 PM, misty rain said:

It's not odd at all, considering Trump has been saying for months that mail-in voting is full of fraud. When I went to vote, there was a woman who had driven all the way from Alabama to Chicago just to vote for Trump (she claimed she still owns a house here- sure!). She could have easily done that by mail. (Besides which, she just wasted her time and gas, since Illinois is historically blue.)

If it wasn't for covid i wouldn't have a problem with this 

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

I do hope that Biden unifies us better than either of the last two presidents did. And I mean that honestly.

The difference being that one (Trump) has intentionally tried to divide. The other (Obama) was divisive only because of the color of his skin.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
59 minutes ago, gsquare said:

The difference being that one (Trump) has intentionally tried to divide. The other (Obama) was divisive only because of the color of his skin.

I don’t think that’s true. One is a complete jackass, there is no question about that. The other I felt was looking for racial causes to play up, though I do think he is a decent man. But I imagine we are probably dancing a little too close to the political borders of this site so I will stop here.

3 hours ago, misty rain said:

You might have if you'd seen how obnoxious she was. <_< 

But it goes to show the lengths his followers would go not to vote by mail.

Im sorry to hear that 

Its just when i was sick in bed with the vertigo a weeks back all i voukd think off was what if i can't vote ?

But anyway when i see news like this i know your country will be ok

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/getting-insane-republicans-push-back-against-trump-s-false-election-n1246700

• Like 2

A friend of mine's cousin was driving home last night after finishing her shift at an urgent clinic in central Virginia. She has a Biden/Harris bumper sticker on the back of her car. A car behind her began tailgating her, then flashing the high-beams. Suddenly sped up, cut her off and forced her to the side of the rd. Two men got out. They were both wearing camo gear. She kept her doors locked & windows up. One guy started pounding on her window & they both started yelling at her threatening her with physical violence. Someone in a passing public school vehicle noticed what was going on & pulled over. The two jerkoffs ran back to their car & took off.

If this is the way they want to play it, fuck unity. From now on, I'm carrying a baseball bat with me in the car at all times. I'm not going to start anything with anyone, but if someone wants to start something with me? Bring it on. You want to play? Sure,  I'll fucking play.

• Sad 5
15 hours ago, Rizla said:

Oh dear.  :rolleyes:

image.png.eb5b318cb993fc7de000fcd9aa9475f8.png

So does nobody have anything to say about 'Born In The USA' being used as a political anthem again?
It wasn't clear which side was responsible for its use.

1 hour ago, JustDan said:

A friend of mine's cousin was driving home last night after finishing her shift at an urgent clinic in central Virginia. She has a Biden/Harris bumper sticker on the back of her car. A car behind her began tailgating her, then flashing the high-beams. Suddenly sped up, cut her off and forced her to the side of the rd. Two men got out. They were both wearing camo gear. She kept her doors locked & windows up. One guy started pounding on her window & they both started yelling at her threatening her with physical violence. Someone in a passing public school vehicle noticed what was going on & pulled over. The two jerkoffs ran back to their car & took off.

If this is the way they want to play it, fuck unity. From now on, I'm carrying a baseball bat with me in the car at all times. I'm not going to start anything with anyone, but if someone wants to start something with me? Bring it on. You want to play? Sure,  I'll fucking play.

Not a wise attitude Dan. Way too many people out there with firearms. The cousin was very lucky someone else showed up. One good reason why I avoid putting political stuff on our cars.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rizla said:

So does nobody have anything to say about 'Born In The USA' being used as a political anthem again?
It wasn't clear which side was responsible for its use.

Sounds like a Dem issue. Stupidity at not understanding that song isn’t limited to Reaganites.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gsquare said:

Not a wise attitude Dan. Way too many people out there with firearms. The cousin was very lucky someone else showed up. One good reason why I avoid putting political stuff on our cars.

I NEVER put political stickers on my car, but the fact that someone is going to be accosted & threatened for choosing to do so is nuts. This isn’t fucking Nazi Germany. This country is fucked up. It’s gone off the deep end, & there is only one public figure I know of who is exulting and encouraging this kind of behavior on the part of his supporters.

• Like 2

CNN reports it is all over, even though in the building next to cnn hq they will still be counting ga votes til 2022...

apparently the senate votes will go through ga too as they are still counting those too, looks like months more of political ads for us sadly

16 minutes ago, JustDan said:

I NEVER put political stickers on my car, but the fact that someone is going to be accosted & threatened for choosing to do so is nuts. This isn’t fucking Nazi Germany. This country is fucked up. It’s gone off the deep end, & there is only one public figure I know of who is exulting and encouraging this kind of behavior on the part of his supporters.

I don't disagree with you.  But IMO meeting violence with violence will not solve the problems we have in this country.

• Like 1
On 11/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, Jimmy James said:

I do find it odd that an overwhelming ( disproportionately) amount of the mailed in/ absentee ballots are all going to Biden. 

But at the end of the day, we will all survive, it will just be how much harder we will have to work to stay ahead.    

Google “how to lose gracefully”.

On 11/5/2020 at 4:40 AM, Jimmy James said:

Thanks Jim, I can never embarrass myself when making a statement that never meant to be anything official. I was watching Penn results last night Trump had a 500k lead in the morning that evaporated when they started reporting the mail ins. That's how I concluded to that comment.

Jim, can I ask you, do you think Trump's lawsuits useless? 

Just watched a video from the election center in Detroit where all Republicans were asked to leave the room. And cheers erupted.

That’s untrue and you know it is.

Y’all just worried about the 2nd amendment??