Greasy Lake Community

Greensboro 2008 - New Archive

One of highlights of this special show

It's such a big surging song that sealed the bond between artist and crowd. Everyone feels trapped; Springsteen at least, is giving a way out for an evening. And, maybe, not to be too hokey about it, leaving folks with the idea that they can muster the courage to change their lives for the better.(Jim Sullivan, Boston Globe)

• Love Love Love! 1

2007/8 seemed to be a great year for Trapped. This version will definitely be a keeper. Interesting to also note the subtle differences as we get more releases from the same tour; Bruce alters the lyrics slightly on Darkness...and then absolutely rips into the line, 'Tonight I'll be on that hill...' It might not replace the version from Boston in 2007 but it runs it close. I've listened to the Magic tracks numerous times, but songs like Devil's Arcade and Last To Die still leave me cold. I do find myself warming to Long Walk Home on this release though, even if Stevie's idea of soul is just to see how many 'baby' and 'darlings' he can sing in a two minute span.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...