Greasy Lake Community

I'll see you in my dreams

One of the highlights of the album for me. A beautiful song. Just like (the song) Letter to you it has a strong Lucky town (in this case Better days) feel to it I think, which is definitely a good thing! Especially the instrumental break and the outro does. I just wish it had a third verse after that first solo section.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

39 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

One of the highlights of the album for me. A beautiful song. Just like (the song) Letter to you it has a strong Lucky town (in this case Better days) feel to it I think, which is definitely a good thing! Especially the instrumental break and the outro does. I just wish it had a third verse after that first solo section.

100% agree.  Brilliant song and a definite Lucky Town album feel for me too in the sound and arrangement.  Can really hear Better Days especially as you say.  The guitar solo also reminds me of the solo on the live full band version of Devils and Dust.

Thematically and lyrically, it brings to mind Down River by Joe Grushecky and the House Rockers too, which is another great song.

• Like 2

So beautiful ....So moving ..... The perfect closer to what Bruce was trying to say with this album. And absolutely my favorite song on the album .... I've  made it through a few times without getting emotional .... But not a lot of times.

One Minute You're Here/Ghosts/I'll See You In My Dreams ....Absolutely Perfect .....

These concerts were going to be so good :(

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, stillilllife said:

I agree. It’s a great song. It’s a bit of a pity it doesn’t have a third verse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank said:

I agree. It’s a great song. It’s a bit of a pity it doesn’t have a third verse.

Lady in my office had this on repeat on the way to work on Friday morning, her fav song on the CD. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Not the first time he's left a song short on verses.  Maybe we should have a go at writing a third verse ourselves. :D

Always thought land of hope and dreams needed another verse. The "this train" bit just goes on too long, not so much when you're actually at a concert, but more on the album version.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Wonderful song. Patti has never sounded better than she does on the film version. 

Wait, is the film version different then the album version? I watched the film three times never noticed the difference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Both songs are perfect closers for their own particular albums.

Agreed

but moonlight motel leaves me wanting to jump off a bridge 

That's why they have Rhinestone cowboy for the close of the film

Ghosts is more warm fuzzy

19 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The sound mix is different. Patti is mixed much higher in the film audio soundtrack than she is on the album release. 

The film vesion gives Patti a well-deserved spotlight in the documentary. On the one hand, it's a pity her backing vocals very turned down on the album. On the other hand, the virtual duet of the documentary would have probably made the song too much of an "aging-comple-ever-after-love-promise", which is not what the song is about.