Greasy Lake Community

Euro 2020

Jimmy James

Group d is where all the entertainment will be as Scotland get to embarrass themselves on international tv for the first time in 22 years yes 22 years since they lost to morrocco

and of course in the most important game in that group certain men in kilts will be trying to nick the goalposts

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, AMIW said:

uefa postpones decision on what venues will actually stage this tournament again

Probably depends which countries will be able to field a team if the ESL players are banned...

Seville and St Petersburg are new Euro 2020 host cities

St Petersburg and Seville will replace Dublin and Bilbao as host cities at Euro 2020, according to the Polish FA. 

Poland published their new Euro 2020 fixture list this morning and they will now face Slovakia on June 14th in St. Petersburg, Spain on June 19th in Seville, then Sweden on June 23rd back in St Petersburg. Seville and St Petersburg are separated by 3,500 kilometres. We wish them well.

so Dublin becomes St. Petersburg.. less guinness 

and Bilbao becomes seville so still in Spain

still a little surprised that Munich and Rome are still on

UEFA says all venues must guarantee 25% of spectators in attendance - no exceptions or they lose games

Munich says it will only allow 21% and UEFA caves and allows it to keep its games.

• 4 weeks later...

french squad contains 21 players who play outside France,

of the 5 who play in france two are the backup goalies and only two play for Moneybags PSG , and one player from lyon

19 hours ago, AMIW said:

scotland name a squad light on attackers and including ryan fraser who has been injured for 2 months....

We have no reliable goalscorer at international level.....and haven't had for many years.

Our best striker is Leigh Griffiths who has only played sporadically for Celtic this season and has had problems on and off the field.

Scotland lacks goalscorers, and central defence is weak too.

If we win one game at the Euros it will be a major achievement.

4 hours ago, MacBruce said:

We have no reliable goalscorer at international level.....and haven't had for many years.

Our best striker is Leigh Griffiths who has only played sporadically for Celtic this season and has had problems on and off the field.

Scotland lacks goalscorers, and central defence is weak too.

If we win one game at the Euros it will be a major achievement.

I wonder if I can guess which one you would want to win....

i don’t see Wales getting out of their group but given one wish I would want to beat turkey because one of the remote people at my work is from turkey:ph34r:

• Haha 1