Greasy Lake Community

Euro 2020

Jimmy James

15 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

He is 20...so yes he is old enough in the 

Don't forget kyle walker had one if his Roman sex orgys so there was probably a lot of hugging going on:o

Apparently Belgium’s win means Switzerland, Czech republic and France also qualify for knockout stages

it is all too confusing to me I just know

sat Wales v denmark

Italy v austria

sun holland v somebody

Belgium v somebody

i.ll wait for the rest to clear up in the next 48 hours

10 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I reckon Chelsea colleagues Gilmour, Chilwell and Mount were out on the lash together on Saturday and that's when Gilmour got it and that's why the two England players are having to self isolate.

I don't understand why non of his teammates are deemed to have been close enough to him to need to isolate. Surely they are in a bubble doing (almost) everything together.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't understand why non of his teammates are deemed to have been close enough to him to need to isolate. Surely they are in a bubble doing (almost) everything together.

They are in a bubble, and are being constantly tested...however I agree with you it does seem rather strange.

In club football up here, if a player tests positive, any close contacts that are identified have to self-isolate as well. I can't quite understand why it would be any different when playing for the national team.

46 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Does the contact come up on an app on the players phones?  Did the England players have their phones turned on?  when the players are training they probably leave their phones in their lockers.  

Grealish starts and Foden not even on the bench.

Catch 22 game of badly needing a confidence boosting performance whilst actually thinking a draw might be better.

24 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Hmm interesting not even on bench I know @Jimmy Jameswill be throwing things at the tv

managed to come up with an excuse to work from home this afternoon so as to cheer on the Czech Republic

When I found out my boy wasn't playing, I went back to work! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

When I found out my boy wasn't playing, I went back to work! 

A different type of protest…

I am researching mass installations of Cisco jabber whilst watching the footie…

Can see Les blues getting a few tomorrow and knocking out my Portuguese brothers. 
Germany will have to much for the goulash nazis and sail through to play ingurland. Timo, who couldn’t finish his dinner, to score the winner. 

We gave it our best shot, but in the end we were just not good enough.

Scotland have improved in the last few years, but we still don't have enough players of genuine international quality, especially in the forward areas. Every successful international team has a reliable goalscorer, we haven't had one for many years.

I thought we looked jaded against Croatia, the Wembley match against England (only 4 days previously) clearly took a lot out of them physically and mentally, but no excuses, Croatia were in a different class and had a football artist pulling the strings for them (Modric).

Hopefully Scotland can continue to improve. It was great to finally take part in an international Championship, I very much hope we can qualify for the Qatar World Cup next year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Archie Hunter said:

Yes, which is ironic really, as the England team would actually be a much better team without him in it!  In my view.

I dig it this is your view, but why? I believe Sterling is the fastest player on most pitches. Foden or Sancho need to play on the right wing. That leave's a lot of firepower coming off the bench, with Rashford and others! With 5 subs, these players should be going balls to the wall, until they can't go any further, and than bring on the next guy. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I dig it this is your view, but why? I believe Sterling is the fastest player on most pitches. Foden or Sancho need to play on the right wing. That leave's a lot of firepower coming off the bench, with Rashford and others! With 5 subs, these players should be going balls to the wall, until they can't go any further, and than bring on the next guy. 

Just watch, and see how often the ball is played to Sterling and the play slows right down while he dithers on the ball before then heading himself into a cul de sac, leading to a loss of possession and threat.  Players available to England currently include Mount, Sako, Grealish, Sancho, Foden and Rashford, all of whom in my view are far more intelligent, intuitive, skilful and incisive players than Sterling, and much more likely to fit into a pattern of team play that is fast and exciting, but also cohesive, and likely to find success at international level.  All of them are better than Sterling at spotting, timing and weighing a pass to a team mate.

I don't think that Sterling's two goals in the group games are sufficient to hide the inadequacies in his play, or make up for the negative effect on the team's overall performance that results from his (it would seem) automatic place in the starting eleven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1