Greasy Lake Community

Euro 2020

Jimmy James

3 minutes ago, bdw said:

Boo! Just seen ITV show penalty replay and some ---t was shining a laser pen on Schmeichel.

Didn't seem to unsettle him but WTF?

The booing of the Danish Anthem - and the above - it's so bad. Embarrassing.

• Sad 2

Booing the opposition anthem seems to have become a bit of a pantomime/knee-jerk thing but I find it tw@ish. What's the point other than to show that you're a moron?

• Like 2

Well done England.....very dodgy penalty notwithstanding. They deserved to win.

Think they will edge the final.

Italy are the best team in the tournament, but having the match at Wembley gives England a real advantage.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bdw said:

Boo! Just seen ITV show penalty replay and some ---t was shining a laser pen on Schmeichel.

Didn't seem to unsettle him but WTF?

That just aint cricket in any bodies code :(

Couldn’t help myself, sorry.

Deserved the win, extremely soft penalty. We will definitely have to up our shithousing/diving game against the azzurri on Sunday. Once in a lifetime stuff.

Well the 90 minute score has won me £20,someone was doing a sweep on Monday £2 a go,I said is it 90 minute score or extra time score,he said 90 minutes so I said 1-1 then we'll win it in extra time.

Got a text from my eldest son about 30 minutes before kick off saying he was in the stadium after getting a ticket yesterday afternoon.

Penalty was one that might be given might not,if it hadn't been given on the pitch would VAR have given it? Once given on the pitch was there enough on replay to overturn the decision?

Typical Sterling really,weaving in & out,he goes down alot but then he's often in a position where he's going to get bumped enough to go down.

24 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

Typical Sterling really,weaving in & out,he goes down alot but then he's often in a position where he's going to get bumped enough to go down.

Very hard to tell, which is why VAR couldn't overturn it. What's often overlooked in the oft used phrase "not much contact" is that when running it doesn't need much contact to send you flying.

I watched it over and over last night to try and see if there was a bump to his knee that sent him over, and I didn't think it was conclusive one way or another.

• Like 1

Wonderful free kick, then O.G. and dodgy fake penalty in a disappointing match compared to the 1st semi-final. maguire did not let us down (only fatally wounded twice this time though), con kane is the biggest offender he must have died at least six times, and one of these days the he will hurt himself with these dives, but at least the ref was wise to him and whilst giving him 9.9 for his penalty attempt, he then booked him, (in the league with a poorer ref.,he would have got the penalty)...as long as we are talking about the ref.,.....he will not get the final...Then we have sterling who has obviously been watching con kane and maguire very closely in training, and graduated from the harry school of diving with honours last night. On to the few good bits, for me england`s MOTM was Rice, he has had a really good season at club level and has been very consistent during the Euro`s, he does a lot of good unseen work in there and is southgate`s protection and insurance for the two donkey`s...I bet he is the first name on the teamsheet each game.

p.s. the fans were just terrible last night, semi final,at home, when they need you most...yet 15 mins into the first half..silence...2nd half the same but this time only 10 mins in...silence, wembers have always had a poor atmosphere but there was no excuse for last night.

Now some facts....england have only failed to beat one team........england have only failed to score against one team......the fans have only booed england off at half-time and full-time in one match.

11 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

We did indeed.

A bit fortunate with the winning goal, but those stats are a fair reflection of the game.

Finished 21 shots and 10 on target. Schmeichel had an absolute lifetime game.

Best bit of the whole game was the nerve-calming 53 pass, 3-minute exercise in game management at the end. That, more than anything else, is what good teams do.

As for the pen, see why he gave it (more for Jansen than the initial "nibble"), see why VAR didn't overturn it (no clear obvious error), see why Denmark (and their Caledonian branch) would be unhappy with it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Now some facts....england have only failed to beat one team........england have only failed to score against one team......the fans have only booed england off at half-time and full-time in one match.

How many others saw that one coming? :D

• Haha 1

This country has gone mad, scenes of people jumping on roofs of buses "celebrating" are acceptable, I feel sorry for people on the buses who are trying to get places work/home etc, what would previously have been considered football hooliganism is now normal behaviour. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, thomam said:

Finished 21 shots and 10 on target. Schmeichel had an absolute lifetime game.

Best bit of the whole game was the nerve-calming 53 pass, 3-minute exercise in game management at the end. That, more than anything else, is what good teams do.

As for the pen, see why he gave it (more for Jansen than the initial "nibble"), see why VAR didn't overturn it (no clear obvious error), see why Denmark (and their Caledonian branch) would be unhappy with it.

'Their Caledonian branch'.

:D