Jimmy James

4 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

But surely ALL hospitals matter ?

As soon as i I saw the Italian flag i knew that was you Doc :lol:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

But surely ALL hospitals matter ?

We used to have three.

It does nothing for me - the English flag - the Union Flag's 'my' flag of choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite telling really, but many peope on here commented on the "miracle recovery" made by the Italian player on Tuesday night....not a single peep though about the self same "miracle recovery" made by saka last night ?...I am correct in thinking maybe the camera or the commentator did not cover it ?

1 minute ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Quite telling really, but many peope on here commented on the "miracle recovery" made by the Italian player on Tuesday night....not a single peep though about the self same "miracle recovery" made by saka last night ?...I am correct in thinking maybe the camera or the commentator did not cover it ?

If I'd seen it I would've thought the same as I did about the Italian player's antics, but I missed it - must've been a tear in my eye ;)

35 minutes ago, thomam said:

Best bit of the whole game was the nerve-calming 53 pass, 3-minute exercise in game management at the end.

Glad someone counted, I wondered how many it was.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eileen said:

The booing of the Danish Anthem - and the above - it's so bad. Embarrassing.

Yep. And I've said similar before - there is no inherent reason why the game of football should itself have negative tags attached to it - but the bottom line is that it attracts a very particular crowd of individuals who see it as part of their chauvinistic, xenophobic, macho identity.  It's not the majority of fans but throughout my life it's enough of them to certainly put me off. Just not interested. 

Don't follow football too closely but know enough to expect Italy to obliterate England on Sunday night. I hope each side gets what they deserve. I love Italian food. 

Had a great 10k run in the local woods last night. I was the only one there. Heaven. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Demos said:

but know enough to expect Italy to obliterate England on Sunday night.  I love Italian food. 

Agreed  with everything apart from those 2 things. :)

3 hours ago, bigbonesbilly said:

This country has gone mad, scenes of people jumping on roofs of buses "celebrating" are acceptable, I feel sorry for people on the buses who are trying to get places work/home etc, what would previously have been considered football hooliganism is now normal behaviour. 

Welcome to Portland Oregon 

4 hours ago, thomam said:

Best bit of the whole game was the nerve-calming 53 pass, 3-minute exercise in game management at the end. That, more than anything else, is what good teams do.

Not that difficult when the opponent is down to 10 men and dead tired.

As for the fake pen. We all know Sterling is a diver. He's always been, so that was to be kind of expected.

What we didn't know is that HarryKane is taking it to another level, diving that is. Right up there with the likes of Neymar and Ronaldo.

51 minutes ago, Cozmic Kid said:

Not that difficult when the opponent is down to 10 men and dead tired.

You obviously haven't watched England play much over the last 40 years, then:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cozmic Kid said:

As for the fake pen. We all know Sterling is a diver. He's always been, so that was to be kind of expected.

What we didn't know is that HarryKane is taking it to another level, diving that is. Right up there with the likes of Neymar and Ronaldo.

817bc4aecd1753a2b9e93b59a8169f04.jpeg

• Haha 3

the possibly dodgy penalty against one sure thing penalty England didnt get in normal time, Demarks free kick goal wasnt a free kick, and maguires undeserved booking, we can all look at things through rose coloured specs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cozmic Kid said:

I dig that Sterling takes a dive now and than. And when he does he should be carded. But the fact of the matter when he is hacked in the penalty box a penalty should be called. (VAR will check it) and if VAR says no penalty then he should get a card. This was a foul in the box and the right call was made.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I dig that Sterling takes a dive now and than. And when he does he should be carded. But the fact of the matter when he is hacked in the penalty box a penalty should be called. (VAR will check it) and if VAR says no penalty then he should get a card. This was a foul in the box and the right call was made.  

VAR can also be wrong as we have seen many times in the season, most recently with that fake penalty yesterday.