Greasy Lake Community

Euro 2020

Jimmy James

It has taken them ages to get this far, so do not hold your breath for a decision soon : -

Uefa has charged England after a laser pointer was directed at Denmark keeper Kasper Schmeichel during Wednesday's Euro 2020 semi-final at Wembley.

Television pictures showed a green light on Schmeichel's face just before Harry Kane took an extra-time penalty.

Schmeichel saved the spot-kick but Kane scored the rebound as England won 2-1 to reach Sunday's final against Italy.

England are also charged with causing a "disturbance" during Denmark's national anthem and setting off fireworks.

"The case will be dealt with by the Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) in due course," said a statement from European football's governing body.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

Who needs a psychic banana,we have dr.oboogie,though he can only answer no to the question are England going to win?

But he does have just as much chance of being correct.

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

Does it make anybody else yawn?  Every time I see someone/something yawn, I'm away.

Actually, just thinking about it is setting me off.

Of course

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bdw said:

I predict that if Italy win, you will post on here within thirty three seconds of the final whistle.

The post will be ready and the mouse hovering over the submit button before the referee even puts the whistle to his lips. :lol:

• Haha 1

Nah, don`t be so negative fellas, it`s as if you are all preparing yourselves to lose, you would be right at home inside wembers though.

I will wait overnight, to allow plenty of time for the sour grapes to ferment.

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

The post will be ready and the mouse hovering over the submit button before the referee even puts the whistle to his lips. :lol:

He'll already have it set up like David Bowie's cut and paste lyrics - choose any three from "England bottled it", "England couldn't cheat enough to win", "final ruined by England existing", "Scotland are the true winners", "I ate a pizza once (didn't like the olives I think they're actually peas from England) so I'm almost Italian", "Which home is it that football's going to?", "Whole world unites to rejoice in English defeat", "[random bigotry]” blah blah blah.

End Of Term Report

England - Top 2 - Exceeded Expectations

Wales - Last 16 - Below Expectations

Scotland - Rooted to the bottom of the Group with few points than Hungary got from France, Germany & Portugal - Met Expectations

14 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Thank you so much, some wonderful suggestions there...but you really should get out more.

That's a good idea, I've been inside all week watching the rain.

I know it's the school holidays up there so you'll have been out playing on your bike all week so can have some extra TV time today.

What is the rule if say the goalkeeper misses the ball because he has a laser shone in his eyes?  is it a drop ball?  is it just unfortunate and play on?  can the VAR review the situation?  Does anybody know the rules, my guess is possibly a drop ball if ref sees it or play on if the ref does not.

Looking forward to the game Tomorrow. If you offered me the choice of 3 points against Norwich (LFC first game of the season) or England win the euro’s. I’d take 3 points against Norwich without hesitation. You go back to when you were a kid and watching England, when you were fully invested. My first ever football shirt was a England shirt & I had a pair of Gazza puma boots. I’m jealous of kids today, who have zero baggage watching this England team. I’ll also be buzzing for my old man, who’s always been a big England football fan. He was 10 in 66 and was probably wondering if he’d ever see the day. He’s sound though, only ever took me to see the reds. 

5 hours ago, bigbonesbilly said:

What is the rule if say the goalkeeper misses the ball because he has a laser shone in his eyes?  is it a drop ball?  is it just unfortunate and play on?  can the VAR review the situation?  Does anybody know the rules, my guess is possibly a drop ball if ref sees it or play on if the ref does not.

Good question.

I would think maybe play on.

Just like with Liverpool and the beach ball years ago.

6 hours ago, bigbonesbilly said:

Outside interference under Law 5. As play was stopped at the time, no action taken - but if he believed it had I terfered with the goalkeeper once the kick was taken, it would be a drop ball

22 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

And some feared that with VAR there would be no more discussions about questionable decisions. ;)

I wonder why everybody talks about the foul/dive and not about the 2nd ball on the pitch moments before. I mean it's not like the 2nd ball was on the other side of the pitch - it was very close to the action!

Anyway, Denmark were gased. The goal was just a matter of minutes. Would have liked to see them win the whole thing, but penalty or no penalty, they would have never made it to a penalty shoot out.

Laws were changed a while ago. Play is only stopped if the second ball interferes with play or a player.

Just what the doctor ordered! 

What could be more middle-English than a trip to an Iron Age hill fort? Only a visit to an owl sanctuary could top that.

Don't worry, I was still able to be villainous by:

Callously ignoring a Dachshund, an Alsatian and a dog that could well have been Ukrainian;

Trampling countless innocent blades of grass beneath my imperialist boots; and

Making Meghan Markle cry.

God, there are still more than 24 hours until kick-off!

• Haha 1

I really really hope that England win.  
Imagine how sick Prince Harry must be feeling at missing all this excitement :P

• Haha 1

Not related to Euro but football related, Argentina  win Copa America after 28 years or so and Leo Messi finally has a senior championship in the  Argentine shirt and hopefully the cloud over him is now lifted and he gets his due acknowledgement of being the GOAT or atleast amongst the top 3 to ever played the game. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 8:26 AM, Born To Walk said:

tumblr_m4z5mpU8N41qzp9b7o1_500.gif

Most entertaining post in this thread :D

...has England won yet ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AMIW said:

Queenie wishes england well

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57789451

also a little note that Tom cruise is trying to get a ticket to the game as he is in England filming… is Harrison Ford still up in newcastle too?

Maybe its just as well i didn't marry Prince William ....i could of course use covid as an excuse 

Id be at the local equivalent of gumboot throwing (cheese roling maybe?)