Greasy Lake Community

Euro 2020

Jimmy James

6 minutes ago, balboa08 said:

Scillaci was 90 right? If I remember Italy got knocked out by Argentina in a penalty shoot out. Maradona and Argentina were nothing like 86 but still made it to the finals. Can't remember the guy who looked like Bruce. 

Aargh! There's no way Scillachi can be that long ago, can there?

Just saw Goran Ivanisovic at Wimbledon (on TV) and he looks his age, I thought he'd only just retired:D

7 minutes ago, bdw said:

Aargh! There's no way Scillachi can be that long ago, can there?

Just saw Goran Ivanisovic at Wimbledon (on TV) and he looks his age, I thought he'd only just retired:D

Yup.. It is that long. Google just told me that Bruce look alike was Del Piero^_^. Never realised that, though I had seen him on TV

Del Piero was Zola, before Zola was Zola, a fantastic player, used to love seeing him and Pablo Aimar playing.

Just finished a tea of homemade lasagne washed down with a few glasses of Peroni, so much better than spotted dick and tetleys...FORZA ITALIA.

• Haha 1

I've had a bottle of Pecorino (the cheese is better than the wine but it was ok) whilst watching the tennis with a Sicilian (I'm sure they'd say they're not Italian) red for this evening.

Ouch! What happened to Italian style? Their suit coats are appalling.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bdw said:

@balboa08's post reminded my of Toto Scillacci (sp.?) from a few years later. There's a guy who knew how to celebrate a goal, a football fan playing for his national team.

Who's the Italian player from 15 or so years ago who's a dead ringer for Bruce?

Possibly you have in mind David Villa, of Spain.

5863d0b36ef3a6a67f000001.jpg

It was Del Piero - lots of chat back then about the similarity. Same with Paolo back in the day.

I wonder which team my youngest's supporting?

Kate.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

42 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Delighted for Luke. He’s been the best player in the tournament. 

He has been terrific.  I've always like him as a player, I didn't think he would ever properly recover from the awful broken leg (or ankle?) injury he sustained some years ago, testament to him that he has.  Obviously Manchester United, but what huge credit also to Southampton FC, how many fine footballers they have produced over the years.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Archie Hunter said:

He has been terrific.  I've always like him as a player, I didn't think he would ever properly recover from the awful broken leg (or ankle?) injury he sustained some years ago, testament to him that he has.  Obviously Manchester United, but what huge credit also to Southampton FC, how many fine footballers they have produced over the years.

If this finishes 1-0 be prepared for Jose Mourinho to say that it was his brain that won the Euro’s. :lol:

But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has transformed him as a player. 

Apart from his part in the build-up to the goal, Kane has been rubbish. Very lazy and falls over looking for free-kicks.

Was there slight contact from Chielllini on Saka near the end or did he mug him?

In common with the rest of his team, Kane was fine in the first half. In common with the rest of his team he was bollocks in the second half. Where did they all go?