Greasy Lake Community

Euro 2020

Jimmy James

There was once a time when i could switch on tv (back in the days of two channels both run by the state) and i couid see this match live 

How are we going England?

7 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

There was once a time when i could switch on tv (back in the days of two channels both run by the state) and i couid see this match live 

How are we going England?

Daisey, it is 1-1 and going to penalties.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarknessandHope said:

Daisey, it is 1-1 and going to penalties.

That sounds excitting 

Come on England !

(First time ive said that in a sporting context my entire life)

This man, his children, grand children and great grand children will most likely all die of old age before England win a major trophy again.Raheem_Sterling_2018.thumb.jpg.e00bd8ac247e77581e91440de6fae9bf.jpg

That Scotsman was right, "You'll win nothing with kids"!

Let's hope it doesn't blight their careers - maybe one of them will be England manager in 25 years time and they'll need asked about this endlessly.

10 minutes ago, Cozmic Kid said:

This man, his children, grand children and great grand children will most likely all die of old age before Cozmic gets laid.Raheem_Sterling_2018.thumb.jpg.e00bd8ac247e77581e91440de6fae9bf.jpg

Don't disapair 

You did awsome to come second

Build on it and win the next world cup

- as a NZ cricket fan i know what its like to come 2nd ... and then to be world champions 

Keep calm and carry on chaps 

• Thanks 1

It may be too early for this, but Southgate was found wanting there, in his line-up, his substitutions, and his choice of penalty takers.  Putting on Sancho and Rashford solely to take penalties in the penalty shoot out was inexcusable.  Where was big bollocks 'I'm taking the penalty' Henderson?  Ah, subbed on and subbed off.

• Like 1

Just now, Archie Hunter said:

It may be too early for this, but Southgate was found wanting there, in his line-up, his substitutions, and his choice of penalty takers.  Putting on Sancho and Rashford solely to take penalties in the penalty shoot out was inexcusable.  Where was big bollocks 'I'm taking the penalty' Henderson?  Ah, subbed on and subbed off.

Have to agree with that. Rashford had hardly any game time this tournament then he's asked to take a penalty in the final ..

1 minute ago, Archie Hunter said:

Spot on. Sancho and Rashford should have been on as soon as extra time started. 

A reasonable result. Either team would have cause to complain if they'd lost - Italy because they dominated possession, England because they had as many decent chances.

At least the game didn't turn on a refereeing decision - there were dubious free-kicks given both ways throughout.

• Like 1