Greasy Lake Community

92-pressent, I was wrong!

On 11/16/2020 at 10:09 AM, sleepyjoe said:

Every day for me! Lucky Town is one of my top 5 albums. While I'd be crazy to rank Human Touch that high, I do agree that it has lots of great songs I just don't like the production of the album.

Despite the overly slick production of the record I absolutely love the album version of the title track. One of Bruce’s finest studio moments.

• Like 2
On 11/19/2020 at 12:02 PM, bobfan1976 said:

Sad Eyes and Loose Change would have also improved Human Touch immeasurably.

I’d also add Part Man, Part Monkey. I prefer the 88 version from the TOL tour but the studio version is solid.

On 11/19/2020 at 6:02 PM, bobfan1976 said:

Sad Eyes and Loose Change would have also improved Human Touch immeasurably.

No.

4 hours ago, Declansk said:

I’d also add Part Man, Part Monkey. I prefer the 88 version from the TOL tour but the studio version is solid.

The studio version of Part Man, Part Monkey is a little bit dull, tame, compared to the live versions. Same for the studio version of When The Light Go Out, compared to the Christic Institute versions.

10 hours ago, stillilllife said:

I've started to really like With every wish. I've heard it before and enjoyed it, but yeah, I listened to it today for the first time in a long while and it really grew on me. Beautiful song!

Im gonna listen to that one while reading the lyrics later!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, stillilllife said:

I've started to really like With every wish. I've heard it before and enjoyed it, but yeah, I listened to it today for the first time in a long while and it really grew on me. Beautiful song!

Got this 3 times at wembley arena 1992. Remember bruce on edge of stage sitting telling a story .

Lovely song

• Like 3
On 11/21/2020 at 10:50 PM, Lampi said:

No.

The studio version of Part Man, Part Monkey is a little bit dull, tame, compared to the live versions. Same for the studio version of When The Light Go Out, compared to the Christic Institute versions.

Sad Eyes and Loose Change are better than half the songs on Himan Touch that are so mediocre, nondescript I can’t even name them.