Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

new bleachers song featuring Bruce dropping next week


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

 

Loved it all.  Of course though, Jersey is featured heavily in it.

Wouldn't you think a song called Chinatown, video would be in Chinatown? 

Plus the dude mumbles though the whole thing. Is that his style? If I'm a Bruce fan, should I know him better? Have no idea who this guy is? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Wouldn't you think a song called Chinatown, video would be in Chinatown? 

Plus the dude mumbles though the whole thing. Is that his style? If I'm a Bruce fan, should I know him better? Have no idea who this guy is? 

She lives in Chinatown.  He's 'taking her out of the city'.  Jack is from Jersey, Bruce is from Jersey.  Makes sense that if he's taking her out of the city he brings her to Jersey.

New Jerseyans are very proud to be from Jersey. 

Here's Jack's Wiki page. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Antonoff

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Wouldn't you think a song called Chinatown, video would be in Chinatown? 

Plus the dude mumbles though the whole thing. Is that his style? If I'm a Bruce fan, should I know him better? Have no idea who this guy is? 

songwriter who has written some of the biggest hits of the decade (Taylor swift, Lorde, Lana del Ray etc). the songs he's written are probably more widely known than any of Bruce's (sorry bruce)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, the highway is alive said:

songwriter who has written some of the biggest hits of the decade (Taylor swift, Lorde, Lana del Ray etc). the songs he's written are probably more widely known than any of Bruce's (sorry bruce)

Oh! thats why I've never heard of him.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a few minutes here, so I did some research. 

1. Bleachers aren't a band, its just Antonoff (Weird!!). He does have a touring band! 

2. I looked into Taylor Swift music. And the last album has more of Aaron Dessner (The National) than Antonoff 

3. When I was watching/listening, I had thought it to sounded a lot like The National. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I had a few minutes here, so I did some research. 

1. Bleachers aren't a band, its just Antonoff (Weird!!). He does have a touring band! 

2. I looked into Taylor Swift music. And the last album has more of Aaron Dessner (The National) than Antonoff 

3. When I was watching/listening, I had thought it to sounded a lot like The National. 

He also produced and co-wrote St. Vincent's Masseduction, probably one of my favorite albums of recent years. He's probably best known for being the lead guitarist and songwriter for the band fun with Nate Ruess.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...