Greasy Lake Community

new bleachers song featuring Bruce dropping next week

1 minute ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Loved it all.  Of course though, Jersey is featured heavily in it.

Wouldn't you think a song called Chinatown, video would be in Chinatown? 

Plus the dude mumbles though the whole thing. Is that his style? If I'm a Bruce fan, should I know him better? Have no idea who this guy is? 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Plus the dude mumbles though the whole thing. Is that his style? If I'm a Bruce fan, should I know him better? Have no idea who this guy is? 

She lives in Chinatown.  He's 'taking her out of the city'.  Jack is from Jersey, Bruce is from Jersey.  Makes sense that if he's taking her out of the city he brings her to Jersey.

New Jerseyans are very proud to be from Jersey. 

Here's Jack's Wiki page. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Antonoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

39 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

songwriter who has written some of the biggest hits of the decade (Taylor swift, Lorde, Lana del Ray etc). the songs he's written are probably more widely known than any of Bruce's (sorry bruce)

1 hour ago, the highway is alive said:

songwriter who has written some of the biggest hits of the decade (Taylor swift, Lorde, Lana del Ray etc). the songs he's written are probably more widely known than any of Bruce's (sorry bruce)

Oh! thats why I've never heard of him.

• Haha 1

I had a few minutes here, so I did some research. 

1. Bleachers aren't a band, its just Antonoff (Weird!!). He does have a touring band! 

2. I looked into Taylor Swift music. And the last album has more of Aaron Dessner (The National) than Antonoff 

3. When I was watching/listening, I had thought it to sounded a lot like The National. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I had a few minutes here, so I did some research. 

1. Bleachers aren't a band, its just Antonoff (Weird!!). He does have a touring band! 

2. I looked into Taylor Swift music. And the last album has more of Aaron Dessner (The National) than Antonoff 

3. When I was watching/listening, I had thought it to sounded a lot like The National. 

He also produced and co-wrote St. Vincent's Masseduction, probably one of my favorite albums of recent years. He's probably best known for being the lead guitarist and songwriter for the band fun with Nate Ruess.

• Thanks 1