new bleachers song featuring Bruce dropping next week

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here it is!  

I was taken to one when I went over for a NYE Jukes concert in Red Bank. I loved it! Very American.

Absolutely love this. The song, the production, the vocals. All of it.  There's an energy in it that is missing from the generic production of LTY (as much as I love that album). Bruce would do w

Posted Images

Absolutely love this. The song, the production, the vocals. All of it.  There's an energy in it that is missing from the generic production of LTY (as much as I love that album).

Bruce would do well to get Jack on board and make a left field album.

• Like 4

I only wish Bruce' feature wouldn't be as random as it is in the song. You can barely hear him on the first line of that second chorus where he comes in. Instead I wish he would do one of these (no order):

1. Sing the second verse and (like on the recording) sing the second chorus and rest of the song with Jack.
2. Sing on each chorus + the outro part with Jack.

19 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

She lives in Chinatown.  He's 'taking her out of the city'.  Jack is from Jersey, Bruce is from Jersey.  Makes sense that if he's taking her out of the city he brings her to Jersey.

New Jerseyans are very proud to be from Jersey. 

Here's Jack's Wiki page. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Antonoff

Never heard of this guy before. Not a bad song. Not sure I would ever have listened to it (or even have heard of it) if I wasn’t in this site but I’m glad I heard it. 
As a Jerseyan, I am proud to say that at my local grocery store here in Kentucky I found Taylor pork roll the other day. I was shocked. I never expected to see it down here, but there it was. Naturally I bought it, took it home, and made a pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwich. Delicious as it was (and make no mistake, it was delicious) it wasn’t nearly as good as it was at 3AM at Pat’s Diner in Belmar after a night of drinking. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Never heard of this guy before. Not a bad song. Not sure I would ever have listened to it (or even have heard of it) if I wasn’t in this site but I’m glad I heard it. 
As a Jerseyan, I am proud to say that at my local grocery store here in Kentucky I found Taylor pork roll the other day. I was shocked. I never expected to see it down here, but there it was. Naturally I bought it, took it home, and made a pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwich. Delicious as it was (and make no mistake, it was delicious) it wasn’t nearly as good as it was at 3AM at Pat’s Diner in Belmar after a night of drinking. 

As a Brit one of my biggest food obsessions is random (preferably old school) US diners. Something very magical about them!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Yesterday when I listened to the song at the office at low volume, I said it was OK. Last night on the way home it came on ESR, so I turned it up loud and it was much better. I thing it's a tune that needs to be played very loud. I'm a believer!  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

As a Brit one of my biggest food obsessions is random (preferably old school) US diners. Something very magical about them!

I was taken to one when I went over for a NYE Jukes concert in Red Bank. I loved it! Very American.

• Like 4

Well, in light of this great song, I bought a physical copy of Bleachers 'Strange Desire' album.

I'm gutted that there have been five years without this record in my life. It's pretty brilliant. It's no wonder that Jack is so in demand.

Tremendous.

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Very jealous 

Wish I could remember what I had but I do remember that I enjoyed it. Another Brit Laker was over at the same time so we met up on the last morning - he knew I'd like it.

PS I'd had dinner with Vini and Tinker the day before the concert. Another meal I've forgotten about but the company was great!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Captain, I have eaten at this place at 3:00am more times then I can count.

https://www.courtesydiner.com/

Now go to the House Specialties "The Slinger" Eat this before going home and never a hangover! 

Looks fantastic.

Been to New York lots but bizarrely never NJ! I definitely will go when normality returns.

I’ll see you in there. 

• Like 1