Greasy Lake Community

new bleachers song featuring Bruce dropping next week

I wonder how many would have liked this if Bruce had nothing to do with it?  I hadn't realised that Bruce sang on it - I thought he was just in the video cos the bloke knew him. :) I'll have to have another listen at some stage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I agree Auntie! My first listen, I didn't hear Bruce at all! My second listen I turned the volume way up and paid close attention, then heard him. It's best to listen and not watch. 

Still sounds like a Killers' demo to me - put on a decent vocal and it'd be ok. I presume that's Bruce doing the yay yay yays at the end? Can't really make him out otherwise.

Oil give it 3. As Janice would say.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I agree Auntie! My first listen, I didn't hear Bruce at all! My second listen I turned the volume way up and paid close attention, then heard him. It's best to listen and not watch. 

5 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Still sounds like a Killers' demo to me - put on a decent vocal and it'd be ok. I presume that's Bruce doing the yay yay yays at the end? Can't really make him out otherwise.

Oil give it 3. As Janice would say.

Bruce is in the whole second half of the song!  I could easily tell when his part starts.  His voice fits in perfectly in my opinion.  Love this song!  I woke up with it in my head this morning.

And yes, that is Bruce doing the yay yays.

1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Bruce is in the whole second half of the song!  I could easily tell when his part starts.  His voice fits in perfectly in my opinion.  Love this song!  I woke up with it in my head this morning.

And yes, that is Bruce doing the yay yays.

But you're from New Jersey! :lol:

3 minutes ago, NorthSideJimmy said:

One review of the song I read said that Bruce Springsteen actually  sounds like Bruce  Springsteen. 

That's one review, my review, even though I like the song, Bruce doesn't sound like Bruce here! 

On 11/16/2020 at 10:33 PM, ifyouwalkaway said:

This is really great. Weird to hear him on such a fuzzy lo-fi track. His guest spot on that Bon Iver track was unusual and understated too. It’s really cool to see him agreeing to some surprising collabs recently.

Absolutely.  My daughter loves Bleachers and, due to me, also loves Bruce. She is thrilled that he has done this. It benefits both tbf. Young people may discover Bruce and old people might discover Bleachers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthSideJimmy said:

At least we can agree on our names lol

Not to beat a dead horse here, but you keep quoting a critic's review of song/video. What about "your" view of the song? I would respect that a lot more then some music critic. 

LOL: my name isn't Jimmy! :lol:

On 11/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, NorthSideJimmy said:

and old people might discover Bleachers.

That's me.  Guilty as charged.  Played them constantly since Chinatown dropped.  Bruce could benefit from Jack producing his next album.  Jack's work on the new (Dixie) Chicks album is fantastic.

On 11/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, NorthSideJimmy said:

One review of the song I read said that Bruce Springsteen actually  sounds like Bruce  Springsteen. 

On 11/23/2020 at 4:16 PM, Jimmy James said:

That's one review, my review, even though I like the song, Bruce doesn't sound like Bruce here! 

I think Bruce definitely sounds like Bruce.

• Like 1