Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

new bleachers song featuring Bruce dropping next week


Recommended Posts

On 11/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, Promise61 said:

Well, in light of this great song, I bought a physical copy of Bleachers 'Strange Desire' album.

Ditto, had never heard of them to be honest but played some stuff on you tube and ended up getting the first album.  

Really enjoy all but the last couple of tracks which aren’t really my thing but some real belters in there. £6.99 very well spent thanks to this thread!  Been playing You’re still a mystery, rollercoaster and reckless love a lot in particular.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Jimmy Fallon: "Track number two is 'Chinatown', featuring this new artist 'Bruce Springsteen' [Laughter] 

bleachers-bruce-springsteen-fbcover-1200x630.thumb.png.c93f461080122f5489e243f526efdcdc.png

Jack Antonoff: "The song is literally about driving out of New York City into New Jersey with someone you love, to show you where you're from to find a future. I had to be driving in the song (without having a valid driving license).

Jimmy Fallon: "Yes"

Jack Antonoff: "And so I broke the law Jimmy!"

Jimmy Fallon: "Yeah, wow, that's how rock-'n-roll he is! He broke the law! That's what I'm talking about"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Eileen said:

I enjoyed that! Laughing at how it's a blatant rip-off of the E-Street Band - didn't matter one jot.

Im glad im not the only one who though that

And not that there is anything wrong with sounding / looking like the ESB

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Eileen said:

I enjoyed that! Laughing at how it's a blatant rip-off of the E-Street Band - didn't matter one jot.

I just watched the one that had Bruce in the convertible (please Bruce keep both arms inside the car - you need both hands to play guitar)

Im not gonna race out and buy it but its better than most of what i hear on the radio (station's that play today's stuff) - in that i would probably let the song finish before switching it off 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Jack Antonoff Is Everywhere: The Rolling Stone Interview

By Brian Hiatt

Who else is in your feedback group?
The best records are made with a small group of people that really believe in something. My group is like me, my manager, my A&R person who doesn’t even work on my label anymore — he’s just a really close person to me. Then my family, and some artists like Lana. I always play some for Ella [Lorde]. Taylor, of course. 

Bruce [Springsteen] is deeply in the group. I played him the whole record the other day. We took a drive and listened to it. If I was trying to make an album that everyone in the world was supposed to like, I would ask everyone in the world, but I’m trying to make an album that’s for my people. So I’m playing it for my people.

What kind of feedback do they give you?
Endless. I wasn’t totally sure about “91” opening the album. Bruce was like, “No, that’s the move.” Taylor was a big part of giving me a push to release “I Wanna Get Better.” I was sending her songs for that first Bleachers album. I thought maybe “Rollercoaster” should come first, which would have been such a bad idea, too safe. “I Wanna Get Better” is a fucking life story in three minutes. And I listened, because I really respect her. But everyone in that world is sort of equal. My mom’s input is just as valid.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/jack-antonoff-bleachers-album-taylor-swift-lorde-bruce-springsteen-lana-del-rey-1183389/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, el sergio said:

Jack Antonoff Is Everywhere: The Rolling Stone Interview

By Brian Hiatt

Who else is in your feedback group?
The best records are made with a small group of people that really believe in something. My group is like me, my manager, my A&R person who doesn’t even work on my label anymore — he’s just a really close person to me. Then my family, and some artists like Lana. I always play some for Ella [Lorde]. Taylor, of course. 

Bruce [Springsteen] is deeply in the group. I played him the whole record the other day. We took a drive and listened to it. If I was trying to make an album that everyone in the world was supposed to like, I would ask everyone in the world, but I’m trying to make an album that’s for my people. So I’m playing it for my people.

What kind of feedback do they give you?
Endless. I wasn’t totally sure about “91” opening the album. Bruce was like, “No, that’s the move.” Taylor was a big part of giving me a push to release “I Wanna Get Better.” I was sending her songs for that first Bleachers album. I thought maybe “Rollercoaster” should come first, which would have been such a bad idea, too safe. “I Wanna Get Better” is a fucking life story in three minutes. And I listened, because I really respect her. But everyone in that world is sort of equal. My mom’s input is just as valid.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/jack-antonoff-bleachers-album-taylor-swift-lorde-bruce-springsteen-lana-del-rey-1183389/

Tnx for sharing.

Absolutely love Jack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

The album is out.
It's really good. Don't go dark is one of the best Bruce Springsteen songs Bruce Springsteen hasn't written in about 35-40 years.

Gutted to have to wait two weeks for a UK release.

Antonoff is such a clever and genuine producer.  Much respect.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stillilllife said:

The album is out.
It's really good. Don't go dark is one of the best Bruce Springsteen songs Bruce Springsteen hasn't written in about 35-40 years.

I know this everyone's opinion, but not even close if you ask me. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I know this everyone's opinion, but not even close if you ask me. 

 

 

Also sounds like it could be a track by Suicide.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I know this everyone's opinion, but not even close if you ask me. 

 

 

I should rephrase it a little: I'm not saying that Bruce hasn't written anything this good in 37-40 years. He has. I'm mainly speaking about this Type of song, which I think Bruce hasn't achieved in a long, long time. Probably because of wanting to try different things though. I wish he would go back to this style (and yes, I know that I still have the old songs if he doesn't).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

I should rephrase it a little: I'm not saying that Bruce hasn't written anything this good in 37-40 years. He has. I'm mainly speaking about this Type of song, which I think Bruce hasn't achieved in a long, long time. Probably because of wanting to try different things though. I wish he would go back to this style (and yes, I know that I still have the old songs if he doesn't).

What song do you think this sounds like. As I can't hear it as Bruce at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I know this everyone's opinion, but not even close if you ask me. 

 

 

If anything sounds like a late 70's early 80's Bruce outake, that he would eventually work into his own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I know this everyone's opinion, but not even close if you ask me. 

 

 

I can hear “My Love Will Not Let You Down” somewhere in there. I listened to the album driving around town today. Didn’t think much of it, to be honest. Sounded like something I might like if I gave it more listens but I don’t know if I will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

What song do you think this sounds like. As I can't hear it as Bruce at all. 

It's not a specific song and it's not about the production of this song, but vocal melody with its chord sequence reminds me of Born in the U.S.A. era Bruce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listened to the whole album last night courtesy of Alexa. Absolutely love it. It's quieter and less 'anthemic' and kitchen sink than their other two records, but it's a real beauty that I'm sure will reveal more when I actually buy the thing and listen through decent speakers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, stillilllife said:

It's not a specific song and it's not about the production of this song, but vocal melody with its chord sequence reminds me of Born in the U.S.A. era Bruce.

It's 2 parts River outtakes, 1 part 83 rockabilly sessions, with a splash of Britpop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...