Greasy Lake Community

Great show.  Crystal Cat did a great version but hoping this one comes up the next time Nugs release a 2007 show.  Had we not had Greensboro last week, this may have been the perfect Xmas bonus release given it was right before Xmas and had the obligatory Santa Claus is coming to town...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I was in the seats behind the stage at this show....almost felt like I was on the stage with the band.

One of the highlights of my life.

I think it just proves how much better everything sounds undercover in an arena.  Crazy to think this was my fourth Bruce show of which three were in arenas.  Sadly also the last indoor show for me too.

Had been desperate to hear Because the Night And was so thrilled when Roy started his piano intro... it is pretty ubiquitous now but at the time, I wanted to hear it more than anything, and wow, what a version it was.

I know some people were critical of the sound at the 02 when it first opened, but I think it is a great venue.

• Like 1

I was towards the front of 112 block which was very close to Roy’s piano and it was definitely the best seated view I’ve ever had. That was my third arena show in the space of 3 weeks having been to the Milan and Belfast shows. That late 2007 run of shows was just incredible. My biggest hope is that it happens again in November / December 2021. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

First time since 1984 that "Jungleland" and "Racing In The Street" are played in the same show.

I did not know that.  

The thing I remember so well (apart from what a great show it was) is that Bruce made Stevie wear this915933307_BruceSantaClausO2.jpg.dd1b07b75510726712e45b6565c93cbb.jpg

• Like 5

Great show, I was on the barrier at the bit behind the main pit, I missed the pit by 3!!  Gah!  Shouldn’t have dropped my bag at the hotel first should I!    

But it was still brilliant, I have the cc boot , must pull that out again soon I think!  

Now I seen Bruce once in 78 and another time in 84. So when my true fascination with Bruce's music started was at this time the Magic tour.  

My question to all others: since this may have been your first time seeing the ESB without Danny! Was there much or any emotions that you had felt? I didn't have the experience with Danny as most here had, just wondering?  

26 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

My question to all others: since this may have been your first time seeing the ESB without Danny! Was there much or any emotions that you had felt? I didn't have the experience with Danny as most here had, just wondering?  

This was before Danny died and I don't think we realised we wouldn't see him again. At that point Charlie was just "sitting in"

• Like 2

Those '07 indoor shows were so badass. Have only seen 3 indoor ESB shows since then. Antwerp '08 which was the only indoor show during the summer leg and 2 shows at Bercy in 2012. God I hope they hit Europe at the very end of next year. Doubt it but fingers crossed. After everything that happened since the last tour the atmosphere would be electric.

• Like 2
On 11/17/2020 at 3:35 PM, Jimmy James said:

Now I seen Bruce once in 78 and another time in 84. So when my true fascination with Bruce's music started was at this time the Magic tour.  

Interesting question ..... Charlie is awesome ..... I'm not smart enough to say if one is technically better .... or maybe as i have heard others say that Danny just had a feel .... that he always knew what and where to add something. But to me The ESB was always about Bruce, Garry, Danny, Steve , Max, Roy and Clarence.... The Magnificent 7....The Original Blood Brothers ..... I saw Bruce twice in 1980 and was upset in 1984 that Steven was gone.  Now i'm in my 50's and we are Burying an original member. It sucked emotionally. I always wished he had been at the MSG River show in 2009. He should have been. :(

• Hug 1

One of my favourite shows, I loved the Magic tour. I was standing with Yiman - had a great view (but then I always do !:D ). Had a great afternoon session in The Pilot and an interesting ride back to the hotel afterwards on the floor of a taxi as Yiman, Luckytouch, Newcastle Roy & Goonerginge had grabbed the seats . Oh to be able to do that all over again. 

• Like 1

It was such a great show. The band really filled that barn with noise that night. What a great ending to the European tour. I lurked with a couple of mates at Claridges late afternoon and was rewarded with the magnificent sight of the Big Man strolling through the foyer to his waiting people carrier, chuffing on a huge cigar with no regard for any silly smoking ban ! I got him to sign my ticket. I was for a split second or maybe half a minute in the presence of greatness !

• Bruuuuce! 1
19 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I believe Bruce payed a hospital visit to one of the Dave Clark 5 before the show. Mike Smith.

He dedicated Born To Run to Mike Smith and his wife. I assumed they were there.