Greasy Lake Community

Stand Up for Heroes on YouTube!

Just now, zzcoolness said:

Three Songs!

House of a Thousand Guitars (w/ Patti):

Long Walk Home (Solo):

I'll See you in my Dreams (w/ Patti):

Sorry for multiple links, they spread out the songs over the whole broadcast.

If you click on the links, it starts from a few seconds before each song, not the beginning of the thing.

Remember to support your country's veterans!!

• Like 3

Thank you for posting the videos.

It's great to see Bruce live performing for that cause.

That being said, the acoustic rendition of both 'Letter to you' songs really shows how their raison d'être is the E Street Band. Without the support of the band, both songs show all their limits, IMHO.

• Like 1

Wow, I'll see you in my dreams was beautiful!
House of a thousand guitars was alright (no pun intended).
Long walk home was good but frustrating...Bruce has a long history of sounding like he's in a rush to sing the lyrics live on quite a few songs and I've never enjoyed that.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Don't throw anything at me, but I'm not a fan of Bruce and Patti duos. :ph34r:

Me neither, actually. Also, I don't like HOATG as a song at all. What I really did enjoy was Long Walk Home. Bruce's voice sounded great. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, *Janey* said:

Me neither, actually. Also, I don't like HOATG as a song at all. What I really did enjoy was Long Walk Home. Bruce's voice sounded great. 

I really enjoyed LWH, it was amazing.

• Like 1

Watched the whole show.

The family friendly version nowhere near as enjoyable but Bruce was great and Patti too

That barn sure is coming in handy

Hope they managed to raise lots of money for the cause despite not being able to pack MSG

• Like 1

Simply beautiful, appreciate you posting the Bruce songs to avoid trawling through the whole show.

Long Walk Home keeps coming back to us - a big part of Hilary Clinton's election campaign 4 years ago and so much more resounding now.

Yet released 13 years ago with so many other non- political; meanings for so many. A wonderful song that needs greater respect and love.

I thoughrly recomend watching the entire show

Im glad i did that and didn't sneak peek Bruce and Patti first

To me, to just watch the Bruce content and none of the rest of the program seens disrespectful to the organisation that the event is raising money  and awareness for,

An organization that Bruce is a big supporter and admirer of 

And also the verterns themselves, the real benefactors of the evening,  who have literally risked life and limb fighting for freedom and liberty 

To be honest i didn't like John Steward plugging the new album - i did not think it was appropriate 

This year its only an hour long and saddly not enough content from the veterns themselves but thats just the nature of the pandemic we are all living through 

A nice thing i learned from watching was the foundations have funded IVF babies for disabled veterns 

15 hours ago, Frank said:

Thank you for posting the videos.

It's great to see Bruce live performing for that cause.

That being said, the acoustic rendition of both 'Letter to you' songs really shows how their raison d'être is the E Street Band. Without the support of the band, both songs show all their limits, IMHO.

Agree with that. Long Walk Home was the stellar track among the three.