Greasy Lake Community

Would you like to see a Bruce album with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?

I think it'd be really awesome, the albums with Elvis, Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash are great. Some songs would be awesome with added strings, Born to Run, Drive All Night, Jungleland, Thunder Road, You're Missing, The Rising, I could keep going. I think I Wish I Were Blind would be incredible, the synths as strings would work so well. 

What do you think? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, thank you.  I think if this happened I would have to write a song called “I Wish I Was Deaf.”  

No. This is what the estates of dead artists do. It's also what living artists do when they go down to the river of inspiration and the river is dry.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. And the words 'Drive All Night' and 'awesome' don't go together anyway. 'I could keep going'  ... some might argue that strings replacing the keyboard riff on Real

Posted Images

7 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Yes. I would love to see this.

On a similar topic, Andre Rieu has mentioned several times that he would love to do a show on stage with Springsteen as he is a fan.

It doesn't surprise me that Rieu is a fan,I see alot of Bruce in him in the way he is on stage being the leader,his interaction with his orchestra & the audience.

I do think the whole orchestra thing with singers is starting to become a little weary now though,it's like everybody has jumped on it after seeing it work for others.

Saying that there are some good versions of songs done that way.

There is a video on YT of Amy Macdonald doing an orchestral version of DITD,not sure if there's any other of his songs out there done in that way,working with a full orchestra is not something I could see him doing,maybe WS & strings on songs like NYCS are the nearest he'll head in that direction.

We could all bitch and argue over who's orchestra would accompany him

Then finding a suitable venue(s)

A residency for verified fans

Maybe we'd then be battling it out with a whole different group of music fans for tickets

8 hours ago, judyg said:

No, thank you.  I think if this happens I would have to write a song called “I Wish I Were Deaf.”  B)

Exactly.

Mind you, it's the sort of thing Bruce would go for nowadays.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

The London Symphony orchestra 

Born to run

My mother would absolutly love this

https://youtu.be/eY4n324Uk80

I think a young Bruce would have loved to have done this but back then they didn't have the money or the time

I'd be interested to hear the results. It could work.

Most of the albums that have been done so far have had an orchestra overdubbed onto the original records, however there is a Neil Diamond one out today featuring all new recordings, including new vocals.

• Like 2

Absolutely not. I find almost every version of bands doing this comes off pretentious. I find Bruce has become pretty pretentious as it so I can’t even imagine the pretentious meter could measure this arrangement. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me at this point in his career. Wild ‘orses played with violins, cellos, ‘arps, and ‘orns? I could see it happening.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I'd be interested to hear the results. It could work.

Most of the albums that have been done so far have had an orchestra overdubbed onto the original records, however there is a Neil Diamond one out today featuring all new recordings, including new vocals.

Had no idea about Neil ....Thats great ....although samples sound sleepy ....I would not want Bruces album to sound like this.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

Had no idea about Neil ....Thats great ....although samples sound sleepy

I've only heard a couple of tracks, but Sweet Caroline did sound too slow.

• Like 1

As much as I like Western Stars, I wouldn’t welcome an orchestra tour or Classic album revision. I mean, it might well work, but it’s not what Bruce’s music is about, IMHO. It’s hard to present the voice of the man of the street, when backed the a symphonic orchestra. I few years ago I saw on his Symponicity tour. It wasn’t bad at all, but I honesty paid little attention to the orchestra.

I am in the Oh Hell No camp with @judyg, @Eileen, & @Jertucky.

Pros

1.  Gets him 1 album closer to completing his record deal.

2. I'll fill this in if I can think of more.

Cons

1.  Less time spent with the E Street Band.

2.  Ticket prices may make Springsteen on Broadway look like a bargain.

3.  Probably more rules than the Devils and Dust tour.

4.  If well liked and successful will only encourage him to do more projects without the E Street Band.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Absolutely not. I find almost every version of bands doing this comes off pretentious. I find Bruce has become pretty pretentious as it so I can’t even imagine the pretentious meter could measure this arrangement. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me at this point in his career. Wild ‘orses played with violins, cellos, ‘arps, and ‘orns? I could see it happening.

What Bob said 

8 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

I think i disagree .... But thats Brilliant !!!! :lol: