Greasy Lake Community

Would you like to see a Bruce album with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?

22 hours ago, burgessliam22 said:

Some songs would be awesome with added strings, Born to Run, Drive All Night, Jungleland, Thunder Road, You're Missing, The Rising, I could keep going.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. And the words 'Drive All Night' and 'awesome' don't go together anyway.

'I could keep going'  ... some might argue that strings replacing the keyboard riff on Real Man would at least be a sort of improvement.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, thank you.  I think if this happened I would have to write a song called “I Wish I Was Deaf.”  

No. This is what the estates of dead artists do. It's also what living artists do when they go down to the river of inspiration and the river is dry.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. And the words 'Drive All Night' and 'awesome' don't go together anyway. 'I could keep going'  ... some might argue that strings replacing the keyboard riff on Real

Posted Images

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

I am in the Oh Hell No camp with @judyg, @Eileen, & @Jertucky.

Pros

1.  Gets him 1 album closer to completing his record deal.

2. I'll fill this in if I can think of more.

Cons

1.  Less time spent with the E Street Band.

2.  Ticket prices may make Springsteen on Broadway look like a bargain.

3.  Probably more rules than the Devils and Dust tour.

4.  If well liked and successful will only encourage him to do more projects without the E Street Band.

Yikes .... I thought we were just banging out a quick album ... I didnt sign off on a tour :lol:

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Early North Jersey said:

Yikes .... I thought we were just banging out a quick album ... I didnt sign off on a tour :lol:

The mention of André Rieu made me more think the opposite, or only one show, or only a very short tour in selected cities with a concert orchestra (building).

7 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

A few years ago Ray Davies did an orchestral album of his classics. I bought it because I'm a huge Kinks fan but I never listen to it.

My general opinion is in classical music strings rock. In rock music strings are unneeded.

I am guessing that you are aware that guitars have strings....

• Haha 4
32 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

A few years ago Ray Davies did an orchestral album of his classics. I bought it because I'm a huge Kinks fan but I never listen to it.

My general opinion is in classical music strings rock. In rock music strings are unneeded.

24 minutes ago, burghfan said:

I am guessing that you are aware that guitars have strings....

4 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

Yes.

So can you name some rock songs that don't have guitars?

3 minutes ago, burghfan said:

So can you name some rock songs that don't have guitars?

Well of course I could. But come on now burgfan, I think you can figure out that the "strings" I'm referring to mean orchestration. If you do I appreciate the humor. If you don't I don't care to humor you.

Y'all have a nice day.

1 hour ago, phantomengineer said:

A few years ago Davies did an orchestral album of his classics. I bought it because I'm a huge Kinks fan but I never listen to it.

I guess unneeded ...but not necessarily  uninteresting .....They pick some songs from the 21st century where you had soozie playing anyway and amp it up .... maybe even a DVD to hold us over until we ( dear god please ? ) get to see that magnificent new album rocked live

• Like 1

Hi all. I've been looking at this site for a while now and this discussion has just made me sign up. Don't know why I didn't do it earlier...

Guys we're all getting old(er) but seriously? I honestly thought the first few enthusiastic Yes replies were being ironic! An orchestra?! It does make me sad that I agree Bruce would probably consider this. I suppose I've never really not liked anything he's done at all but this would be going too far!

Yes burghfan I totally wholeheartedly 100% agree with you - especially the 'less time spent with the band' point. For me, all his solo projects have been "Yes, I'll listen out of interest, but how are the guys??" Our lives have not been changed by Bruce Springsteen but rather Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band right?

But please no f**##**# philharmonic orchestra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 11/20/2020 at 10:32 AM, MacBruce said:

Yes. I would love to see this.

On a similar topic, Andre Rieu has mentioned several times that he would love to do a show on stage with Springsteen as he is a fan.

Bruce's act has just the right amount of cheese. If you put Andre Rieu into the mix you've got Cheezels dipped in fondue and topped with parmesan.   No thanks.

34 minutes ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Bruce's act has just the right amount of cheese. If you put Andre Rieu into the mix you've got Cheezels dipped in fondue and topped with parmesan.   No thanks.

Think the guy's brilliant myself. An incredible performer and showman.

1 hour ago, MacBruce said:

Think the guy's brilliant myself. An incredible performer and showman.

Never heard of him,

i havn't  had fondue since 1977 - but i have fond memories of it

so I'm still keen