Greasy Lake Community

Saturday Night Live - 12 December

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garry’s tweet on why he won’t be there. He doesn’t have COVID and wants to keep it that way...  

The performance reminded me of a couple tour openers I’ve seen over the years....First show out in awhile and just trying to get through it and find their way....They struggled a bit and I expected th

Exactly 45 years to the day that they recorded Santa Claus. Also my birthday.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

If any musician is setup up to do this remotely, if necessary, it's Bruce.  This is not their Christmas show - they have one more scheduled the following week. 

But with the ESB? Bruce himself, I wouldn't question! 

So I assume Letter to You along with maybe Ghosts or The Power of Prayer? Possibly the end credits doing Merry Christmas Baby like they did in 2015 with Santa Claus is Comin' to Town? Hopefully they will actually by 12/12 still be able to do with due to the virus. I am sure the entire band is ready to finally perform again! 

• Like 1

Ghosts and Burnin' Train? A couple upbeat rockers that are different enough from each other to make both worthwhile? As has been suggested, Merry Christmas Baby over the goodbyes? I dearly love Letter to You, but it feels too long and too tailored lyrically to die-hard Bruce fans to work for SNL. I think they'll want to do their biggest, lets-pretend-we're-touring-the-album songs so they can have as much fun as possible.

Ghosts in that first slot is gonna blow the doors off. They're gonna play like they just got let out of a cage.

I am now way too excited for this, in case that's not obvious.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Wishful thinking perhaps but if the band are actually together in Bruce’s barn and been tested then hopefully it won’t be just for two songs for SNL. They might just record an album run through like the Paramount set of Darkness 2009, if not quite a Western Stars type film production. 
Here’s to a Special edition blu ray / cd album LTY release 2021. 

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
11 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm not as excited about this one, as the one back in 2015. As we knew that was a promo for the upcoming tour. Right now there isn't a tour in site.

8 hours ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Damn the virus .We should have 2021 tour .So this is promo .

Actually we can't see what's next with the virus. We have hope about vaccination. But, for this promo (with the ESB apparently), can we hope to have some dates/tour announced after that or maybe before... I really think if Bruce, the band and management wanted to tour they probably announced something soon even if it's for the next year. People can be prepared, planned and gets tickets. 
If the management and the band wait a long time before to take decision it's gonna be a "non-tour" reschedule until the situation is stable and wait for the availability of arenas/stadiums. 

It's always sad when a tour is cancelled but I really think if they not doing anything the band will be in "down in the waiting list" until venues will have some slots for any shows. 

It's risky. But with the travel restrictions all over the world, a lot of people can see the boss in their country at least and be satisfied with one or two shows.