Greasy Lake Community

Saturday Night Live - 12 December

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garry’s tweet on why he won’t be there. He doesn’t have COVID and wants to keep it that way...  

The performance reminded me of a couple tour openers I’ve seen over the years....First show out in awhile and just trying to get through it and find their way....They struggled a bit and I expected th

Exactly 45 years to the day that they recorded Santa Claus. Also my birthday.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I'd be bloody amazed if he tours in the next 18 days ^_^

Tour schedule:

December 16 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA
December 18 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA
December 20 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA
December 22 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA
December 24 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA
December 26 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA
December 28 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA
December 30 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA
December 31 - Private Venue, Colts Neck, NJ, USA

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Great to see them playing together again.

Fair to say that Ghosts needs a bit more work and rehearsal but as has been said the rustiness is to be expected given the circumstances. Steve really needs that teleprompter !

Charlie appeared to be missing during Ghosts but was back for I'll see you in my dreams.

They looked like they were really enjoying themselves.

Can't wait till they are able to tour again.

And jake was only on stage for ghosts... hope the 5 day trip was worth it for them to just play on one song.. they are of course essential workers after all

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Let's be honest, his voice is all over the place. Especially on Ghosts. Not an easy listen.

And, as someone said previously, with Garry missing, Bruce is the last man standing from the original ESB.

That was me :D

• Haha 1

The performance reminded me of a couple tour openers I’ve seen over the years....First show out in awhile and just trying to get through it and find their way....They struggled a bit and I expected that.

I’m really surprised at the mic sharing, especially with Bruce and Steve.... They may as well kissed each other on the lips...I would have thought with Bruce telling everyone to wear a f@cling mask that more restraint and sense would have been demonstrated.

I applaud Garry and Suzie for the decision they both made not to attend...They obviously have life and the lives of those around them in perspective.

• Like 9

Ghosts was rough admittedly but I think theres a few factors leading to this

For one, I don't think this song was well suited for SNL, it's meant for big stadiums and I really feel the band couldn't let loose, they were held back by the equipment and restrictions 

Who knows how much preparation Bruce done for these 2 songs, I think he was just out there to have fun and he'll hopefully sound better on a tour! It was rusty but the band hasn't played together in front of an audience for quite a while! 

• Like 4

I remember Bruce saying more than a decade ago before the Super Bowl half time show performance how hard it was to get going for just two or three songs when they are used to playing for 3 hours. And that was just after two years of touring together at that time. Can’t be easy for them to turn a live performance tap on and off so quickly as they had to last night. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

Ghosts was rough admittedly but I think theres a few factors leading to this

For one, I don't think this song was well suited for SNL, it's meant for big stadiums and I really feel the band couldn't let loose, they were held back by the equipment and restrictions 

What were the “equipment and restrictions” at play?

Thinking back to the Fallon 2010 appearance - another late night show - they certainly weren’t happened by the non-stadium environment. Save My Love and BTN that evening were an absolute blast. Given that only Roy and Steve from E Street joined Bruce and the Roots for that one, I feel like we’re giving last night’s performance a really, really soft free pass...

Only watched Ghosts so far. During the chorus Bruce sounds pretty bad a times. And this is not rust. His voice has been deteriorating noticably over the last 10-15 years. Which is of course normal, considering his age.

They still look great, though. I hope I can look as spry as Bruce does when I'm 71.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

What were the “equipment and restrictions” at play?

Thinking back to the Fallon 2010 appearance - another late night show - they certainly weren’t happened by the non-stadium environment. Save My Love and BTN that evening were an absolute blast. Given that only Roy and Steve from E Street joined Bruce and the Roots for that one, I feel like we’re giving last night’s performance a really, really soft free pass...

The mixing was all over the place, Bruce's mic and guitar were way too loud compared to others 

1 hour ago, VABOSSFAN said:

I'm really surprised at the mic sharing, especially with Bruce and Steve.... They may as well kissed each other on the lips...I would have thought with Bruce telling everyone to wear a f@cling mask that more restraint and sense would have been demonstrated.

Yeah, I reacted to that too.