Greasy Lake Community

The OFFICIAL 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A can of this was opened in Chapel Hill tonight....

I’m back and we’re taking the crown this time! I-L-L   I-N-I

Lost in all of this was that Carolina won last night while Dook lost...So needless to say it was a good day for that.

Posted Images

If USC can hold on and beat Kansas then 9 of the 16 teams to make it to the Sweet 16 shouldn't be there according to their seeding.

7 hours ago, burghfan said:

If USC can hold on and beat Kansas then 9 of the 16 teams to make it to the Sweet 16 shouldn't be there according to their seeding.

University of Spoiled Children advances.

22 hours ago, A Saint in the city said:

This year seems like carnage. I have lost 7 of the last 10 and have still moved to the top half.... 

This year's Sweet 16 seeds total 94, the highest in NCAA Tournament history. The previous record seed total was 89 set in 1986. On Monday No. 11 seed UCLA joined No. 15 seed Oral Roberts, No. 12 seed Oregon State, No. 11 seed UCLA and No. 11 seed Syracuse in the Sweet 16, which begins Saturday.

The Michigan Women’s team is in the Sweet 16 also.  And for good measure, the hockey team is seeded #2 in the NCAA Hockey tournament. 

Go Blue!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

I kinda feel bad for the kid.  I mean he will probably never have a bracket that good, and will probably never do that well in any contest he gets in for the rest of his life.  It would kinda suck to know that your life is downhill after 9.

• Haha 2

Well ugh.  Bad day for Michigan sports. The women’s basketball team lost and the men’s hockey team is out of the tournament due to a positive COVID test. :mellow:

• Sad 1
On 3/22/2021 at 4:19 PM, JudgeBrown said:

"Conference of Champions" (Bill Walton voice) has 3 teams in Sweet 16 so far.

Make it 3 in Elite 8.  OSU, UCLA and USC or Oregon.  Michigan looks good to advance.

The Big 10 had 2 #1 seeds, 2 #2 seeds, and a #4 seed, none of which make the Final 4.  The highest seed that they lost to was a #7 seed.  Was the Big 10 over-rated this year?