Greasy Lake Community

The OFFICIAL 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A can of this was opened in Chapel Hill tonight....

I’m back and we’re taking the crown this time! I-L-L   I-N-I

Lost in all of this was that Carolina won last night while Dook lost...So needless to say it was a good day for that.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, A Saint in the city said:

We should have won that.

However, If you can't make any of your last 8 shots, then you deserve nothing.... 

Yeah the team just had a really off night. Oh well.  They played above everyone’s expectations all season and got to the Elite Eight without one of their best players so it’s all good. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

image.png.eff5919b6f71ec1b2bf338369034ada5.png

Heartbroken but was expecting this...Press conference this afternoon at 4 p.m. :(

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Heartbroken but was expecting this...Press conference this afternoon at 4 p.m. :(

I expected it as well and wish him well.  Any speculation on the successor?

11 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

I expected it as well and wish him well.  Any speculation on the successor?

Hubert Davis is my prediction but idk...Steve Robinson has already been a head coach at Tulsa and Florida State and not sure he would want it being he’s close to retiring himself probably....Wes Miller at UNCG is a little young and needs to progress before hitting the big time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

At Kansas, I hated him! 

At NC, he's one of the good guys. Have a Happy retirement!! 

"Everybody wants to know the reason and the reason is very simple," Williams said. "Every time somebody asked me how long I was going to go, I'd always say, As long as my health allows me to do it.'

"But deep down inside, I knew the only thing that would speed that up was if I did not feel that I was any longer the right man for the job. ... I no longer feel that I am the right man for the job."

How is Bushy taking the news?

a) locked in his panic room , crying with cases of cheerwine for company

or

b) out in the woods obliterating any squirrel, possum, chipmunk and raccoon in his sight

Wow. Did anybody else just watch that UCLA/Gonzaga game? It was fantastic. 

Charles Barkley just said it was the best college basketball game he ever saw.  

Gonzaga needs OT but beats UCLA.

Given the situation, and not having a rooting interest, I don't think you could ask for a more dramatic ending.

2 minutes ago, judyg said:

Wow. Did anybody else just watch that UCLA/Gonzaga game? It was fantastic. 

Charles Barkley just said it was the best college basketball game he ever saw.  

Heck of a game.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:05 AM, VABOSSFAN said:

Hubert Davis is my prediction but idk...Steve Robinson has already been a head coach at Tulsa and Florida State and not sure he would want it being he’s close to retiring himself probably....Wes Miller at UNCG is a little young and needs to progress before hitting the big time.

Bingo.  https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/north-carolina-reaches-agreement-in-principle-for-unc-assistant-coach-hubert-davis-to-replace-roy-williams/

• Like 1