Greasy Lake Community

The OFFICIAL 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A can of this was opened in Chapel Hill tonight....

I’m back and we’re taking the crown this time! I-L-L   I-N-I

Lost in all of this was that Carolina won last night while Dook lost...So needless to say it was a good day for that.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, burghfan said:

I have seen it suggested that every D1 team makes March Madness, that might be the only way Kentucky would make it this year.

Lunardi's Bracketology projections on ESPN have 3 alternative models - a 64 team tournament (well 68 if you include play-in games), a 32, and a 16

On 12/27/2020 at 9:43 AM, JudgeBrown said:

Lunardi's Bracketology projections on ESPN have 3 alternative models - a 64 team tournament (well 68 if you include play-in games), a 32, and a 16

I saw there is also a 80 team version now.

The MWC back to back thing (playing the same team 2x) is producing interesting results.  Arguably if not demonstrably better teams winning Game 1 relatively comfortably then losing or struggling in the returm game.  See NV and Air Force, SDSU and CSU, etc.

On 12/31/2020 at 7:21 AM, Jimmy James said:

The 12th ranked Missouri Tigers got a 20 point wake up call last night v 7th ranked Tennessee Vols. 

And turned around and beat Arkansas.  I still can't decide if I want Muss to do well or fail spectacularly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Why would they put the final four in Lucas Oil Stadium? 

Given its size maybe they are thinking or hoping that by then they can get some number of fans in there spread safely apart.

59 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Given its size maybe they are thinking or hoping that by then they can get some number of fans in there spread safely apart.

Oh I get that, and that's what I was thinking also, but then that's not much of a bubble! 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Oh I get that, and that's what I was thinking also, but then that's not much of a bubble! 

I would expect that like many things right now, that's their best case hoped for plan but that they have contingency plans for other scenarios.  Probably up to and including no tournament at all, on the far extreme.

Even if there are no fans for the Final Four I would guess that the companies that paid for add space want it kept at the original location.

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

Even if there are no fans for the Final Four I would guess that the companies that paid for add space want it kept at the original location.

True.  And you know how teams often struggle in the Final 4 shooting in those huge arenas, imagine it with no fans.

On 1/4/2021 at 5:19 PM, burghfan said:

Well if they can move the Rose Bowl to Texas, they can pretty much move this tournament wherever they want. 

32 minutes ago, DarknessandHope said:

It was a good game, NV played well but needs more than 2 guys who can score.  I was pleased that at least last night the gap between teams was not that great.