Greasy Lake Community

The OFFICIAL 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A can of this was opened in Chapel Hill tonight....

I’m back and we’re taking the crown this time! I-L-L   I-N-I

Lost in all of this was that Carolina won last night while Dook lost...So needless to say it was a good day for that.

Posted Images

On 2/25/2021 at 8:30 PM, DarknessandHope said:

A bit of a scare tonight for the Aztecs but they ended up beating Boise St. in overtime 78-66

Beat Boise St again 62-58. Will be the number one seed in the MWC tourny.

Tar Heels lose by 2 on the road at Syracuse.  It is hard to win when you only shoot 4-20 from 3.

Since Syracuse plays home games in a dome I wonder if anybody put together a stat of what teams shoot from 3 for the year, and what they shoot at the Carrier Dome.  I would be interested to see what the difference is with the difference in depth perception in a dome.

Also, since there are no fans there I wonder what the temp is in there, can't be cheap to heat an empty dome.

#2 Michigan loses by 23 at home to #4 Illinois.  Since the loss is to another top 5 team they may not drop too far in the rankings.

7 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

I love this time of the year in college BB.

This week coming up has some of the most entertaining games since the small conferences are playing their conference tournaments where if they win they make the field of 64 and have the chance to play Gonzaga and they couldn't be happier.

A lot of the schools most people wouldn't know where they are and the name, Belmont for example, doesn't give a clue to where the school is at like Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama do.

3 hours ago, burghfan said:

This week coming up has some of the most entertaining games since the small conferences are playing their conference tournaments where if they win they make the field of 64 and have the chance to play Gonzaga and they couldn't be happier.

A lot of the schools most people wouldn't know where they are and the name, Belmont for example, doesn't give a clue to where the school is at like Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama do.

Nashville.  Didn't need to Google.

21 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

So do you think St. Louis will need to win the A10 tournament. Or just make a run to the title game?

They’ll need to win the tournament to get in imo....unless there are big stumbles in front of them.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, VABOSSFAN said:

4EA6909E-1A58-4565-A287-F356ED077B84.thumb.jpeg.b3056eeb855e8fa36524aa5df23da1e5.jpeg

OK I just figured this out LOL.  At first I thought you were saying flip BSU and MSU, had no idea about the scribbles on Xavier and VCU, and just figured Duke was circled because Duke and "out".  Then I had a second coffee, leaned back, and saw the smiley face.

• Haha 1

Dook AD says the season is over.

I wonder if the AD would have made the same announcement had they been a lock for the tournament.

• Like 2

Kentucky is out of the SEC tournament so there will be no NCAA bid for them.

This is the 1st time since 1976 that both Dook and Kentucky miss the NCAA tournament.  Back in 76 there were only 32 teams.