Greasy Lake Community

The OFFICIAL 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

If there’s interest, I can try to get our annual GL ESPN Tournament Challenge set up sometime tomorrow while I’m in the office.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A can of this was opened in Chapel Hill tonight....

I’m back and we’re taking the crown this time! I-L-L   I-N-I

Lost in all of this was that Carolina won last night while Dook lost...So needless to say it was a good day for that.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

If there’s interest, I can try to get our annual GL ESPN Tournament Challenge set up sometime tomorrow while I’m in the office.

Ok kids why wait....I’ve created our group on the ESPN site....Go to espn.com and go to the Tournament Challenge....Our group will be private...Our group info is as follows:

Group name: GeasyLake

Group password: Bruce2021!

I “think” you have until the field of 64 begins play to get your picks in before it locks....Have fun!

(I did this from my phone because my interact home is out- Hope it looks ok lol)

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

SDSU 6 seed, draws 

Don't know if I should be worried playing Syracuse or not. Don't know anything about them this year. A number 6 for us sounds about right.

From CBSSports.com re: snubs.

@Jimmy James

Saint Louis (14-6)

This is arguably the most interesting snub case in NCAA Tournament history. The Billikens were 7-1 on Dec. 23 with wins against LSU and NC State and their only loss coming to Minnesota on the road. They then went into an extended COVID pause that kept the team sidelined until Jan. 26. Upon returning from this month-long break, Saint Louis dropped two straight: to Dayton at home and La Salle on the road. They got their feet under them, beat eventual A10 champion St. Bonaventure and went on to win six of their final eight games. Any coach will tell you the return from COVID pause is difficult on a team, so should it have been taken into consideration when judging those losses? Teams are allowed to have results considered differently for injuries, so why not a COVID pause? 

Losses(es) that hurt the most: The second loss to Dayton, giving the Flyers a season sweep over Saint Louis, could have ultimately played a role even if the committee were giving the Billikens some leeway for their performance in return to action. But that loss was on the road while the post-pause loss to the Flyers was at home, and combined with the La Salle defeat, gave Saint Louis two Quad 3 losses. 

17 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

There's always interest, thanks for offering! Where has our friend from Scotland been this season? Hoping he is OK.

Nice to be remembered!! 

I will be putting my bracket in. Trying to reclaim my crown, and get my third title after losing out last time... 

Got more confidence on Michigan winning it all this year as well...1st seed. 

Go Blue

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, A Saint in the city said:

Nice to be remembered!! 

I will be putting my bracket in. Trying to reclaim my crown, and get my third title after losing out last time... 

Got more confidence on Michigan winning it all this year as well...1st seed. 

Go Blue

Good to see you and hope all is well in these odd times.

• Thanks 1

I’m with Kev this year.... I have Illinois winning it all.... I think there will be more earlier round upsets this year....Beware of Winthrop and UNCG.;)

• Love Love Love! 1
9 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

Would be nice but a bit optimistic I think....

On 3/15/2021 at 10:27 AM, JudgeBrown said:

Hoosiers fire their coach.  Speculation/worry here in NV is that they will come after Alford.

Alford is not in play apparently.

30 minutes ago, judyg said:

That's a great read thank you.  I have the perspective of being a bigger basketball fan in a town / of a school that probably would be viewed as a football school by most residents and fans even though recent records do not support that.  I often feel like I am speaking a foreign language.

• Like 1