Greasy Lake Community

I’m a long-time fan and have collected a number of books on Bruce over the years.  If I am lucky, Santa will visit my house this year and I’m working on a short list of potential gifts.  I see there is a new book that came out in October – Bruce Springsteen: All the Songs, by Phillipe Margotin and Jean-Michel Guesdon.  I see a similar book that came out a few years ago – Bruce Springsteen: The Stories Behind the Songs, by Brian Hiatt.  I somehow missed that one. 

My question for those who have seen or read these books – If you had to choose only one, which one do you recommend? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

My Amazon pre-order of "All The Songs" arrived this afternoon (was surprised at the Sunday Australia Post delivery!) and like the Stones' edition of this series the book is an absolute door-stop! Had a quick flick through, looks nicely put together. Only initial complaint is a BITUSA cover image. 

The Amazon price of AU$55 was quite reasonable

Also have the Hiatt book but still haven't found time to really check it out. Xmas/New Year break I'd hope to engage both of them.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Got "All the Songs" for my birthday today...yes, my birthday is on Christmas Day.

It's massive and weighs a ton !

It's beautifully put together and I am looking forward to reading through the stories behind his more than 300 compositions.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 3
35 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Got "All the Songs" for my birthday today...yes, my birthday is on Christmas Day.

It's beautifully put together and I am looking forward to reading through the stories behind his more than 300 compositions.

Happy birthday  MacBruce

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Cheers !

You get twice as many helpings as everyone else !

I guess you've had a lifetime of enduring jokes about it

I hope when you were a wee boy mum and dad worked something good out for you and not too many mean old relatives sent you just one combined present 

1 hour ago, MacBruce said:

Happy belated birthday greetings.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

You get twice as many helpings as everyone else !

I guess you've had a lifetime of enduring jokes about it

I hope when you were a wee boy mum and dad worked something good out for you and not too many mean old relatives sent you just one combined present 

Yeah. I am kind of used to it now !

My mum and dad always made sure I didn't miss out. Even now I get a Christmas and Birthday present from my dad and my siblings !

• Like 3
On 11/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, tjb2k2 said:

I’m a long-time fan and have collected a number of books on Bruce over the years.  If I am lucky, Santa will visit my house this year and I’m working on a short list of potential gifts.  I see there is a new book that came out in October – Bruce Springsteen: All the Songs, by Phillipe Margotin and Jean-Michel Guesdon.  I see a similar book that came out a few years ago – Bruce Springsteen: The Stories Behind the Songs, by Brian Hiatt.  I somehow missed that one. 

My question for those who have seen or read these books – If you had to choose only one, which one do you recommend? 

Thanks!

Got the Hiatt book for Christmas but haven't had much of a chance to look at it yet. Will be a fun read I think. 

12 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Yeah. I am kind of used to it now !

My mum and dad always made sure I didn't miss out. Even now I get a Christmas and Birthday present from my dad and my siblings !

Im glad to hear that because i thought about kiddo MacBruce for quite a long time yeaterday 

I thought wouldn't it be cool if one year your family had made the 25th just your birthday and postponed Christmas to boxing day