Greasy Lake Community

Christmas album

9 hours ago, Perisic said:

The Wish - The Bruce Springsteen Christmas Album (FLAC)

https://mega.nz/folder/b0sCGbKJ#AWfTygnI-GbZe3lxXmYSrw 

Is it allowed to share over here? There is some official stuff on this compilation from the Winterland 78 and Nassau 80 shows. 

I LOATHE rock stars doing Christmas songs. An whole album from Bruce would be an absolute travesty and hideous in my opinion. He's NOT (yet) a crooner. Leave the schmaltz to them. From Bruce?, no thanks. NOT in a ZILLION years would I buy/stream/listen to it. I have heard ONCE his take on Santa Claus is Coming to Town. THAT was one too many times.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BITUSA said:

I LOATHE rock stars doing Christmas songs. An whole album from Bruce would be an absolute travesty and hideous in my opinion. He's NOT (yet) a crooner. Leave the schmaltz to them. From Bruce?, no thanks. NOT in a ZILLION years would I buy/stream/listen to it. I have heard ONCE his take on Santa Claus is Coming to Town. THAT was once too many times.

the sound of sleigh bells make me run for the hills till well into February 

4 hours ago, Marnix said:

Is it allowed to share over here? There is some official stuff on this compilation from the Winterland 78 and Nassau 80 shows. 

Based on the discussion in the bootleg thread it should be alright - a couple of songs in a compilation is fine. If the mods say so I'll delete it ofcourse.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

wouldn't it need to include Max if it was Carpenters- like? :lol:

Good point. Roy is out, Max is in, Bruce slides over to piano. I’d like to see him play a quadruple organ and maybe throw in a little Captain and Tennile while he is at it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

Good point. Roy is out, Max is in, Bruce slides over to piano. I’d like to see him play a quadruple organ and maybe throw in a little Captain and Tennile while he is at it.

And a touch of Andy Williams. Oh wait ... he already did that with There Goes My Miracle.

• Love Love Love! 1

20 minutes ago, Eileen said:

And a touch of Andy Williams. Oh wait ... he already did that with There Goes My Miracle.

Fantastic.

In a related note, a co-worker got in my car last week and I had a Christmas station on with Andy Williams singing Happy Holidays. She just looked at me like I had two heads as Andy Williams is not usually what one expects to hear in my car. I had to explain to her that all bets are off at Christmastime. Andy Williams, Perry Como, Debbie Gibson..... it’s all a possibility.

• Haha 4

I was listening to Radio 2 from midnight for a while and he's been playing Christmas stuff. I've heard Bruce (Santa Clause) so getting into the spirit. No, not the w and o ... the oooo I'd best get my cards written spirit.

• Like 1

as much as Christmas music gives me a dose of the shits i must be nicer about most people's love for it this year 

sigh

LTU is about the only good thing to come out of 2020

anyway i read Christmas this year is good for mental health and its ok to put up chrissy decorations early 

21 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

as much as Christmas music gives me a dose of the shits i must be nicer about most people's love for it this year

Christmas music is one of the most horrible things ever invented to torture the ears.

Except Phil Spector's Christmas album.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

Christmas music is one of the most horrible things ever invented to torture the ears.

Except Phil Spector's Christmas album.

i agree 

it is the worst thing about the whole festive period

i don't know about the Phil Spector one - I'll have to take your word for it