Western Stars or Letter To You?

Western Stars or Letter To You?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Western Stars
    • Letter To You
    • Can't decide

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2020 at 08:49 PM

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went for can’t decide because I love both albums equally, and they cannot be compared to eachother. 

Letter to You. Unless I’m having trouble sleeping, then it’s Western Stars.

Both very different. Both equally magnificent. Can't fairly compare them as one is a solo record and the other a rock album with the ESB. Two absolute gems released in consecutive years at t

Posted Images

19 hours ago, soulsofthedeparted said:

Western stars

12 hours ago, E Street nation said:

western stars

18 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Letter To You :D

That how I like these answers, plain and simple, no controversy that way! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...

For me .

After a fair listen to each album . And time passed since release.

For me its still "western stars".  And by a fair way .

I wanted to like "Letter to you " more then western stars but cant . 

Would love to know what Bruce thought . We will never know lol 

• Like 4

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I have not picked up letter to you for two months now and not felt the need to. It’s not that I didn’t like the album it’s a good album but western stars resonated with me for a good year/  18 months after its release I kept re-visiting it .I don’t feel the same need to revisit letter to you.

Western Stars was and is a key moment in Bruce’s career. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've got Letter To You in the player at my bedside - I listen to it all (well, I skip 2) every night.

Asking im a freindly manner ;)

What are the two that are still to grow on you Aunty ?

9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Asking im a freindly manner ;)

What are the two that are still to grow on you Aunty ?

Janey - the ending is so laboured, he just shouts ... and Rainmaker - that's just bad. imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Slightly embarrassing because its not like i havn't been listening to it but finally got around to buying WS live from the barn

My wonderful  freind Gus kindly gifted me the lovelly dvd which i have really enjoyed watching 

I love how it ends with Rhinestone cowboy 

First thing ive bought off anazon since the NZ Amazon tax was  introduced. The price was still kinda awsome up until the exchange rate

With a huge decreases  of planes flying into NZ it will be intetesting to see how long it takes to be delivered 

Western Stars, not a big fan of LTY so far.  Really the first Bruce album I haven’t worn out, I do like Last Man Standing though.  If I was the Priest is one of my favorites from his old catalog, not crazy about the remake on it or the other two.  I’ll give it another listen sometime to give it a chance.  I’ve always respected Bruce for not completely recycling a song, but he did with LTY vs LOHAD, I found that disappointing. Western Stars is in the constant rotation.  

Whilst LTY is a solid album, for me, it doesn't really have any songs that I would rank alongside Bruce's very best.

I Would, however, put several songs off WS in that category. The likes of Moonlight Motel, Stones and especially Western Stars are right up there.

In fact, I would put the title track in my top 5 Bruce songs.

• Like 2

Western Stars, no contest.

I am probably the only person here who hasn't bought Letter To You. :ph34r:
I do like some of the songs on it and I will eventually buy it when the price comes down.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mariasbed said:

Whilst LTY is a solid album, for me, it doesn't really have any songs that I would rank alongside Bruce's very best.

I Would, however, put several songs off WS in that category. The likes of Moonlight Motel, Stones and especially Western Stars are right up there.

Same for me...But the other way around.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Rizla said:

Western Stars, no contest.

I am probably the only person here who hasn't bought Letter To You. :ph34r:
I do like some of the songs on it and I will eventually buy it when the price comes down.

No stress 

I actually havn't brought it yet either ! :lol:

And i love it 

Im on a catch up right now

I just got chapter and verse yeaterday (on clearance from a NZ Amazon type retailer)

Have ordered Born to run the audio book on cd and the CD of WS live from the barn from Amazon at the same time

The price was good until the exchange rate was ouch 

Who knows how long it will take to get here because there are so few planes with the boarder closed ???  :lol:

I gotta admit i was on a bit of a Bruce high when i hit buy now ! :lol:

I still have LTY and SOB to go

The vinyl (sooooooooo much vinyl to catch up on) and the 2nd remastered box set will have to wait till after im working full time again hopefully about spring 

17 hours ago, Rizla said:

tenor.gif

Well i havn't been working for over two years so some stuff just had to go on the back burner 

Like insulation, a new bathroom, a new kitchen .....

Just prior to that we were house shopping and i didn't spend any of my inheritance on Bruce *

I just knew my dad would not have really approved

I have been getting the archives and i did buy WS when it first came out 

And once ive paid the vet's bill for poor Tibby :( sitting on my credit card I'll get LTU (well maybe soonder;)) meanwhile the microwave died, the fridge went on the blink one month out of warranty right on lock down last year, the washing machine won't drain on full spin and now the tv remote has packed up - oh and our 20 year old Mitsubishi dehumidifier just carked it - right on winter :angry:

But we're doing ok :)

Things are on the improve 

*in saying that i did buy a preloved vinyl copy of Darkness though ;)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Well i havn't been working for over two years so some stuff just had to go on the back burner 

Like insulation, a new bathroom, a new kitchen .....

Just prior to that we were house shopping and i didn't spend any of my inheritance on Bruce *

I just knew my dad would not have really approved

I have been getting the archives and i did buy WS when it first came out 

And once ive paid the vet's bill for poor Tibby :( sitting on my credit card I'll get LTU (well maybe soonder;)) meanwhile the microwave died, the fridge went on the blink one month out of warranty right on lock down last year, the washing machine won't drain on full spin and now the tv remote has packed up - oh and our 20 year old Mitsubishi dehumidifier just carked it - right on winter :angry:

But we're doing ok :)

Things are on the improve 

*in saying that i did buy a preloved vinyl copy of Darkness though ;)

Jeez Daisy, I think you just created the lyrical outline for a song on Nebraska II: Trouble on the Other Side of the World.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Jeez Daisy, I think you just created the lyrical outline for a song on Nebraska II: Trouble on the Other Side of the World.

:lol:

All is almost good again :)

I am so many of Bruce's characters :lol:

Imagine having a perfect beautiful life and listening to girly pop for empathy and understanding :lol:

No thank you !

Defiantly would not say no to Nebraska 2

I hear a train ...

And its bringing the lost/ outtake/ Electric Nebraska 2 ! 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

:lol:

All is almost good again :)

I am so many of Bruce's characters :lol:

Imagine having a perfect beautiful life and listening to girly pop for empathy and understanding :lol:

No thank you !

Defiantly would not say no to Nebraska 2

I hear a train ...

And its bringing the lost/ outtake/ Electric Nebraska 2 ! 

Fantastic! Glad to hear things are coming around for you Daisy. The easy life doesn’t seem too enjoyable to me either.

• Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

Fantastic! Glad to hear things are coming around for you Daisy. The easy life doesn’t seem too enjoyable to me either.

How can we ever fully appreciate the calm if we have never known the storm ? :)

Bruce Springsteen just might have written Jessie's girl :lol:

• Like 1