Greasy Lake Community

Due to my age and the virus, no concerts this year.  But, 1971 marked my Bruce-induction.  50 years later...

• 3 months later...

The first gig I had cancelled (19 March 2020) was Ian Prowse at Appletrewwick and the first gig that I have booked when the UK is scheduled to unlock on 21 June is the rescheduled gig on 25 June. Hopefully this is a positive sign!

Other gigs 'booked':-

Tom Brooksby, Sheffield, 25 September

Jesse Malin, Sheffield, 3 October,

The Waterboys, Sheffield, 10 October

Jason Isbell, Manchester, 17 November

Ian Prowse, Liverpool, 11 December, now double booked with rescheduled Glory Days, Sheffield :(. I like a bit of tribute Bruce, but Prowsey wins every time.

• Like 2

I've not heard yet about my April Whyte Horses concert in Cardiff.....but it must be off.

Just booked for Wolf Alice in Manchester....next January.

I just booked my first show for over a year. Martyn Joseph at Topsham nr Exeter on 27th Nov.

I have other shows before that that have been postponed once or twice already the first of which is Drive-By Truckers still scheduled for 2nd June as far as I know. I figured MJ at Topsham has a chance, less than 200 I imagine in a local hall and if anything it’s likely to be postponed rather than cancelled. I remain quite reluctant to book bigger shows until previously cancelled stuff happens and until I feel ok to attend them

Bossman

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

We had tickets to two DMB shows last year that were rescheduled to this year and have been rescheduled again, this time to a little later in the summer and now to the first two shows of their tour.  Not sure if that's necessarily a good thing since I'm sure they'll be rusty after not playing together for a couple years.  But the good thing about Dave is he mixes up the setlists from show to show so we should hear alot of songs over the two nights.  Looking forward to a weekend on the road with DMB.

Only gig I have commitments to at the moment is Richard Marx at Edinburgh Queens Hall on 5th September, rescheduled from April 2020.

Although I would be hopeful of UK gigs being up and running in some fashion, not so sure of the logistics if the rest of Europe is still recording high case loads when it comes time to make a final decision.

Here’s hoping that clubs, theatres, arenas and stadiums are hosting events again soon.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, Bossman66 said:

I just booked my first show for over a year. Martyn Joseph at Topsham nr Exeter on 27th Nov.

I have other shows before that that have been postponed once or twice already the first of which is Drive-By Truckers still scheduled for 2nd June as far as I know. I figured MJ at Topsham has a chance, less than 200 I imagine in a local hall and if anything it’s likely to be postponed rather than cancelled. I remain quite reluctant to book bigger shows until previously cancelled stuff happens and until I feel ok to attend them

Bossman

I was due to see Martyn in January. It was rescheduled from last year and split into two, socially distanced, performances but lockdown put paid to that. Its now set for December.

• Like 1
On 12/4/2020 at 12:06 AM, Rizla said:

Right then ..... :D

Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers & Chic, Grace Jones                     11 July, Hyde Park

This got bumped to 2022, and they're no longer advertising Grace, so we've cancelled. :(   Too long to wait, but if they get Grace back I would rebook.  AXS very decently refunded in full and didn't keep the fees.

I was surprised as there was talk of it being rescheduled to September, but they have got Pearl Jam headlining two of the other dates in the series.  I guess they weren't available for September so the whole lot has been moved on a year.  :angry:

Was tempted to book tickets for the Bootleg Beatles annual show at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh for December. Quite a lot of tickets sold already, but I am just going to give it a miss again till next year.

To be honest I am confident all gigs will be back to normal by next Spring/Summer so I am just going to wait till then to book anything.

So many shows, mostly rescheduled from 2020, but I think it currently looks something like this:

1 Jun - Jimmy Webb (awaiting details of rescheduling or cancellation)

22 Jun - Felice Brothers

8 Jul - Brian Wilson 

31 Aug - Wandering Hearts

24 Sep - Loudon Wainwright III, Suzy Roche & Lucy Wainwright-Roche

8 Oct - Thea Gilmore

12 Oct - Graham Gouldman

19 Oct - Leo Sayer or Mary Coughlan (scheduling conflict)

20 Oct - Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

23 Oct - Beth Neilson Chapman

28 Oct - Courtney Marie Andrews

26 Nov - Deacon Blue

2 Dec - Martyn Joseph

7 Dec - Jesse Malin

9 Dec - Bootleg Beatles

20 Dec - Kate Rusby

4 Feb - Martyn Joseph

15 Feb - Delines

26 Mch - 10cc

30 Mch - Gretchen Peters

5 Apr - John Smith

8 Apr - Bootleg Beatles or Gilbert O'Sullivan (scheduling conflict)

5 May - Steeleye Span

6 May - The Shires

23 Jun - The Hollies

3 Dec - Les Miserables

TBA - Mike Batt (ticket held but no new date ever announced)

• 3 weeks later...

A few more re-arrangements / cancellations and new shows. Fingers crossed for the following:

31 Aug - Wandering Hearts

24 Sep - Loudon Wainwright III, Suzzy Roche & Lucy Wainwright-Roche

8 Oct - Thea Gilmore

12 Oct - Graham Gouldman

19 Oct - Mary Coughlan 

20 Oct - Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

23 Oct - Beth Neilson Chapman

28 Oct - Courtney Marie Andrews

5 Nov - Ralph McTell

26 Nov - Deacon Blue

2 Dec - Martyn Joseph

7 Dec - Jesse Malin

9 Dec - Bootleg Beatles

20 Dec - Kate Rusby

4 Feb - Martyn Joseph

15 Feb - Delines

26 Mch - 10cc

30 Mch - Gretchen Peters

5 Apr - John Smith

8 Apr - Bootleg Beatles or Gilbert O'Sullivan (scheduling conflict)

5 May - Steeleye Span

6 May - The Shires

31 May Jimmy Webb

23 May - The Hollies

23 Jun - Felice Brothers

7 Oct - Leo Sayer

3 Dec - Les Miserables

TBA - Mike Batt (ticket held but no new date ever announced)