Greasy Lake Community

U.S.A. Fans vs Rest of the World

After listening to many audience recordings of tours and concerts over the span of Bruce's career, I must admit the rest of the world (especially Europe) seem to be louder, clap more and sing more than the USA fans. 

Has anyone noticed this and why do you believe this may be the case? As a USA citizen and huge Bruce fan, I am impressed by the fandom not only here in the States, but around the world.

Any comments are welcome. Keep on rocking, my Lake friends!! 

@fadeawayYou´re right. 

One artist ( can´t remember who it was) said in an interview the US audience wants to see a show, like watching TV.  Sitting on a chair and just watching without doing anything.;)

One important fact is the mentality of the different nations. For example the spanish and italian audience is completely different compared with the germans or the british people. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GoingDown84 said:

@fadeawayYou´re right. 

One artist ( can´t remember who it was) said in an interview the US audience wants to see a show, like watching TV.  Sitting on a chair and just watching without doing anything.;)

One important fact is the mentality of the different nations. For example the spanish and italian audience is completely different compared with the germans or the british people. 

Personally I've never done that.

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

I think a lot of English crowds are quite quiet, especially as you move further south 

And then, of course u have the Welsh fans, most from the valleys who are amazed by electric never mind a Bruce concert, wild but innocent....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Personally I've never done that.

Me neither! When I go to a show, I want hoop and holler! Dance and fist pump! I think that is why I don't much like the slower songs that are played sometimes 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

24 minutes ago, This is The Way said:

And then, of course u have the Welsh fans, most from the valleys who are amazed by electric never mind a Bruce concert, wild but innocent....

I've experienced them at the rugby 

they sing a lot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Moncton New Brunswick is pretty close to the US

id say at least a 1/3 or more were American 

there was a lot of singing 

it was impressive

one of my favourite memories was the rising

and of course that BTR was the highlight of my life 

i don't generally sing or dance- its all going on in the inside for me

although in Auckland the Texan beside me said she could tell i really loved Youngstown 

i do love those places i see on u tube, where they don't speak English and they are singing along to every word

that's never going to happen here 

im pretty sure none of our Jersey girls here would sit still or not sing their hearts out

im Chch i did sing Rosie really loud for @rosiejaneymary because no one was singing :angry:

those rich wine drinking bucket-lister bitchers were a tough crowd, fighting in the pit (FFS durring BTR) :(

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I've experienced them at the rugby 

they sing a lot

Fans made plenty of noise here, and they weren't ALL Welsh either :D

Oh, I did laugh - there was a young lad next to me, about 14 maybe, and he was mystified. 
"How does everyone know the words?" he said.  Bless.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Oh, I did laugh - there was a young lad next to me, about 14 maybe, and he was mystified. 

It's about time this show was released.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rizla said:

ah the good old days when we stil charged the english an admission price to cross the bridge into God's country

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im pretty sure none of our Jersey girls here would sit still or not sing their hearts out

im Chch i did sing Rosie really loud for @rosiejaneymary because no one was singing

The only times I didn’t sing my heart out, and dance with utter joy (with the rest of the crowd!!) was when I was lucky enough to be at 3 Bruce on Broadway shows!!! 

Thanks DJ!!!  :D

• Bruuuuce! 1

40 minutes ago, Royston Vasey said:

An absolute classic of a show. Full on top gear from start to finish. Quite astonishing. Eric Burden on stage was extraordinary as the video proves. What a night that was.

It was a fantastic night!  

The crowd was great, but funnily enough, the people all around us (near the back of the pit) were just standing there watching.  No dancing, not much singing.  

I was going nuts in my ‘Very proud (North) Jersey Girl’ t shirt... which got a lot of attention BTW!  :P

• Like 3

There are two great young fans, the legendary Hoffman brothers, Scots with amazing knowledge of the band for two guys so young, they had a request sign up for a song that hadn’t been played live since about 1972 and Bruce obliged.....oh what was the track ? Amazing moment really. The crowd were going nuts. No wonder Bruce was a bit more chilled out the next night in Leeds. He, and lest we forget, we, had burnt the candle big time in Cardiff.

• Like 2