Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

December archive: London, 24 November 1975


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening now through my trusted Bowers and Wilkins PX headphones and it is phenomenal. What a release this is. My collection just got enhanced beyond belief. 

Firstly, PRETTY FLAMINGO! Secondly, review!  https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2020/12/06/new-from-the-springsteen-archive-november-24th-1975-london-uk-hammersmith-odeon/ - Hope it's worth yo

Incredible to think that there were 60 archive releases before they felt it time to unleash this absolute treasure. Hopes now raised that the well has run far from dry in this series.  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Christmas came early this years December !!!

I wonder if we’ll get that 75/CW Post show some day as it’s where the "Santa Claus" single comes from we hear every holiday season?!?! It certainly means there’s a good recording of it somewhere lol

 

Brad

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, This is The Way said:

I know EF is going all wax lyrical about the sound quality, is it that much better than the circulating versions?

Yes it is in my ears a great sound quality

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, This is The Way said:

I know EF is going all wax lyrical about the sound quality, is it that much better than the circulating versions?

Yep. It sounds fine. Obviously a great upgrade from the boot, but it also stands alongside Night 1 as a great recording.

 Lovely to hear such a quiet and respectful crowd.

Fair play, For You is pretty brilliant.

  • Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this show beats the other 75 shows released through this series. It is really mixed if you are standing in the Odeon. With releases like this you know what the essence of this archive series is all about!!

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick21 said:

Made it through to Pretty Flamingo. Quite possibly the best archive release thus far.

 

I think I have to agree but it might be just first day euphoria. Will reserve judgement until I’ve listened through a few times but I know already it’s a new entry in my Top 5 official releases. One thing is for sure, my treasured Hammersmith ‘75 night 1 show has just been bettered by this performance. 
 

  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marnix said:

It is really mixed if you are standing in the Odeon.

It really does. I’m sitting here listening with a few beers with the feeling I am there. Where as in reality I was a 3 year old toddler when it was being recorded.  While this show was being preserved for tramps like us born to run. 

  • Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think I have to agree but it might be just first day euphoria. Will reserve judgement until I’ve listened through a few times but I know already it’s a new entry in my Top 5 official releases. One thing is for sure, my treasured Hammersmith ‘75 night 1 show has just been bettered by this performance. 
 

That is a huge statement, but I think I agree with you - sound is excellent and the performance is superb, a lot looser and (understandably) less nervy than night one 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished this show up, absolutely incredible. Had to listen to "Sha-la-la", "ring around the neck", and "walk into the room" multiple times before finishing the show.

If this is the normal release, then the Christmas release is going to be insane.

  • Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Finished this show up, absolutely incredible. Had to listen to "Sha-la-la", "ring around the neck", and "walk into the room" multiple times before finishing the show.

If this is the normal release, then the Christmas release is going to be insane.

Just finished it too. Absolutely fantastic. Just an incredible performance start to finish in stellar sound. Anyone who hasn’t had time to listen to it yet, you are in for a real treat. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for being thick, but I assume this is the other night from the one that was officially released on CD when the Born to Run boxset was released ?

If so, is it a lot better ? If so I will definitely get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Sorry for being thick, but I assume this is the other night from the one that was officially released on CD when the Born to Run boxset was released ?

If so, is it a lot better ? If so I will definitely get it.

Hello MacBruce, old time fan here.

11/24 is THE official 1975 release to get. Longest set list of Born to Run tour, incredible energy, Bruce and the boys were on a mission to make up for a tentative 11/18 show. Doesn't even compare to 11/18. It seems like they wanted to play forever on 11/24; an unprecedented, up until then, 9-song encore filled with covers from Elvis, Mitch Ryder, Gary U.S. Bonds, two from Chuck Berry (at least popularized by him) and England's own Beatles. This is one for the ages. 

  • Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...