Greasy Lake Community

Is anyone worried about the Bucketlisters ?

We’ve been starved of our beloved Boss live experience and as we come through the tunnel and the light at the end in the form of a ESB tour gets brighter I am a little anxious . 

Why ? Well we are currently  and during last 2 years not only experiencing the best Springsteen has offered in decades but also existing in the midst of general Bruce awesomeness and we are feeling this globally !

I know no one is more entitled to a ticket (or 5 !) to his shows but I have a feeling demand is going to be crazy . So is anyone else worried , like me, about the bucketlisters and fair weather fans buying up the tix for the upcoming tour leaving us high and dry ??? 

Well I do have two bucket list venue's that I'll try my damnest to do. One, Giants Stadium (I know it's not called Giants Stadium no more) and two Camp Nou. 

But I don't have a concern about tickets. I believe the people who wanted to Bruce have seen him by now. Unless parents and Grandparents want to take their kids! 

• Like 3

I wouldn't worry about tickets. Bruce's fanbase isn't getting any younger. Unless Bruce decides to play smaller venues or just a few selected arenas à la Magic tour (2007 European leg, I mean), no fans will go without tickets. In this respect, I wouldn't underestimate the long term effects of a world pandemic which has basically frozen the live show business and its demand with it. It will probably take years before casual fans feel confortable with mass gatherings again. And most of them will probably give up going to concerts altogether, especially if they're past their prime. Bruce's studio output over the last two years might have been stellar, but keep in mind that from 2007 to 2017 he had played the E Street market to death. So, I would worry about a scaled down tour because of lack of demand rather than an '80s-like ticket hysteria. These days are long gone. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I know it's not called Giants Stadium no more

That's ok...in my mind it still is!!!  :D

Hope you're able to see him here, when the appropriate  time comes...    

fucking bucket listers are the bain of my existence 

the worst ones where those rich bitches fighting during BTR in Chch

this is why i get stadium shows with stadium set lists geared to the casual fan/ bucket lister and maybe why i havn't had Kitty or the 78 intro 

but NZ is so far away and we don't have a big enough arena for an arena show

33 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

the worst ones where those rich bitches fighting during BTR in Chch

The worst one was not the one who thought poking a VERY BIG sign in your .... for 3 hours was a nice thing to do?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Well I do have two bucket list venue's that I'll try my damnest to do. One, Giants Stadium (I know it's not called Giants Stadium no more) and two Camp Nou. 

But I don't have a concern about tickets. I believe the people who wanted to Bruce have seen him by now. Unless parents and Grandparents want to take their kids! 

Been lucky enough to see shows in both those venues Jimmy and they were both incredible and remain fond memories. 

I’ll be doing my utmost to get to another show somewhere when this is all over God willing. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Don't forget to add in the Rising Tour Sunny Day kids who want to have their kids sing it on the next tour.

I wonder if they are exploring the possibility of outdoor shows next summer while the LTY album is still fresh.

Not on the same scale of demand of course but I see that Bryan Adams has just announced UK outdoor shows and festivals in June and July.

2022 just seems so long off when the band are ready to go when it’s deemed as safe as it can be. 

The 'bucketlisters' spent their money on Broadway tickets. Lost track of hearing about folk who don't generally follow Bruce saying they saw him on Broadway.

If the venues are small places, get your wallets/purses out. The touts will be waiting. Grrrrr. :)

On 12/10/2020 at 1:13 PM, Lampi said:

The worst one was not the one who thought poking a VERY BIG sign in your .... for 3 hours was a nice thing to do?

That wasn't a bucket lister :D

That was some deranged star struck young in

....she may even be someone from here :lol:

(I very much hope not)

We've all (except Daisey :D) been "bucket listers" at some gig at some time, and will probably continue to be so.  I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to see Bruce live on stage if they want to. 

• Love Love Love! 1
13 hours ago, Rizla said:

We've all (except Daisey :D) been "bucket listers" at some gig at some time, and will probably continue to be so.  I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to see Bruce live on stage if they want to. 

I have been a casual fan.i went to see Charlie Pride once - i thinl in those days anyone who came to Dunedin knew they were going to get casual fans along

I guess thats no difference to now.

Its just the stress of getting a ticket is always so bad - i now that is for most of us here

Bucket listers and casual fans equate to bums on seats -or in Bruce's case bums not sitting down

I guess SOB was for us (pink font)