Greasy Lake Community

14 minutes ago, biloxiparish said:

Does anyone know if Bruce plays beach volley ball? 

I don't. And I have never played or watched it. 

I like watching beach vollyball, it's a game of great skill and excitement.

Apparently men play it as well :rolleyes:

• Haha 7
31 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Well if this is what we're doing here's one of mine from my homeland / childhood - Portrush Co.Antrim N. Ireland  

image.thumb.png.e97c0788f00c8b76fb242825cb61cfcd.png

By the way - the same Atlantic surf that washes up at Asbury Park and all along the Jersey Shore! 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Have you seen D'Jais lately?

image.png.ad7e8b9e7c5dc988d96368bdb020ef23.png

I haven’t been back to Jersey in 8 years or so. That looks like a massive overhaul. Did they take over an adjoining building or something? I assume it’s still a meat market.

Of all the bar hopping I did in my early 20s I actually never entered DJais. Too much of a club scene for me. I was more likely to be found at Tides, Leggetts, Paul’s Tavern, Pat’s Tavern, etc...

6 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I haven’t been back to Jersey in 8 years or so. That looks like a massive overhaul. Did they take over an adjoining building or something? I assume it’s still a meat market.

Of all the bar hopping I did in my early 20s I actually never entered DJais. Too much of a club scene for me. I was more likely to be found at Tides, Leggetts, Paul’s Tavern, Pat’s Tavern, etc...

I think they did takeover the adjoining building because when I went I think the main area was the right side of the building.  I remember going in there to see a cover band (rock) a couple of times and it wasn't so much a 'meat market' then (although I did meet someone :D).  But 5 little beers for a dollar.  Can't beat that on a hot summer day/night! 

I mainly went to the Tradewinds, Stone Pony and the Colonel's Garter.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I think they did takeover the adjoining building because when I went I think the main area was the right side of the building.  I remember going in there to see a cover band (rock) a couple of times and it wasn't so much a 'meat market' then (although I did meet someone :D).  But 5 little beers for a dollar.  Can't beat that on a hot summer day/night! 

I mainly went to the Tradewinds, Stone Pony and the Colonel's Garter.

I’m guessing you are probably a few years older than me. Stone Pony was pretty much dead when I was around, though they did start having some outdoor concerts with emerging 90s bands I think. I went to Tradewinds once, to see some band called 7Mary3. I watched one song, they sucked, then I wandered to a bar way out back and sucked down maybe a dozen screwdrivers. I was a mess by time we left.

5 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I’m guessing you are probably a few years older than me. Stone Pony was pretty much dead when I was around, though they did start having some outdoor concerts with emerging 90s bands I think. I went to Tradewinds once, to see some band called 7Mary3. I watched one song, they sucked, then I wandered to a bar way out back and sucked down maybe a dozen screwdrivers. I was a mess by time we left.

Probably.  I turned 18 in 1979.  Drinking age back then.  The best time to be in the clubs (in my opinion) was 78-81.  Rock bands playing in many of the rock clubs around.

4 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Probably.  I turned 18 in 1979.  Drinking age back then.  The best time to be in the clubs (in my opinion) was 78-81.  Rock bands playing in many of the rock clubs around.

I turned 18 in 1990, so there you go. I have a brother 9 years older than me who caught the run of Springsteen shows at the Pony one summer (1983?). Different eras.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Loved Leggetts andThe Osprey in Manasquan!

26 minutes ago, MadamMarie said:

Loved Leggetts andThe Osprey in Manasquan!

I worked one summer at Leggetts, as a sort of bouncer. I wasn’t very effective. 
is it still there? As for the Osprey (another joint I never entered, even though it was next door to Leggetts) the rumor I heard in Manasquan was that Kitty’s Back was about the owner (original owner maybe?) of the Osprey.

17 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I turned 18 in 1990, so there you go. I have a brother 9 years older than me who caught the run of Springsteen shows at the Pony one summer (1983?). Different eras.

Yup, there you go.  Many of the clubs took on a different atmosphere once the live bands stopped and DJ's (no pun intended) took over the clubs.  For me the late 70's to early 80's was the best time for rock clubs in NJ.  

• Like 1