Greasy Lake Community

Darkness boxset announced

Marnix

I want this

So im not all that happy at the limited editions byline

But (apart from present finacial doldrums) one thing bugs me 

If these are the nugs shows are they cds or (can't quite remember the term cdr? )

Because i was buying the physical product for a while - till one wore out after a few months with no where near the mileage of the Joad album when i wore it out (twice)

16 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

IIf these are the nugs shows are they cds

You can buy them in different formats, with each format its own price tag. 'Real' CD's, MP3, FLAC, and others.

I don't know...maybe it would be different if it was only CD's, with the packaging of CD's like, well like 'real' CD's you can buy in brick-and-mortar- record shops, with artwork and things. Maybe even with Erik's essays, even if they often derided on this forum (also by myself).

A CD only release with good artwork, booklet etc., and less expensive, now that would give some added value.

• Like 2

My first thought was, great, I could upgrade my old bootlegs all at once and it's a nice box. But 180 bucks is waaay too much in times like these. It's 24 discs, but I assume it's the same they sent out for the individual releases. Probably still have boxes full of them lying around.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

If it would've been a vinyl box set I'd be more interested.

Agree with that; but 24 vinyl albums with booklet in a very big box; how expensive would that be?

Edit: See now This is The Way thought the same, at the same moment!:)

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

9 hours ago, Promise61 said:

With a year of high unemployment and reduced wages it would have been nice to see some fair pricing here. Does the man have no empathy?

I think his involvement in releases like this starts and ends with "Yeah, release that". I bet he has no idea about prices of CDs, tickets, T-shirts or whatever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

I think his involvement in releases like this starts and ends with "Yeah, release that". I bet he has no idea about prices of CDs, tickets, T-shirts or whatever.

Good point. Well made. 

Bet he knows the price of shodding a showjumping horse, though.

The level of moaning on some of these threads is remarkable.

Who cares.

He’s made product available. Am I buying it? No, because if I never heard a ‘78 show again I’d be ok. If someone else wants to then great.

What do people expect acts to do? Not make stuff available? Give it away? 

Not exactly life altering stuff here is it. 

• Like 2

I'm yet to work out who this is aimed at, surely the people who would want it will already have all the shows.

But, as is said above, it's there if you want it and there's no arm twisting if you don't. It's not as if an otherwise unavailable show has cynically been included.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I'm yet to work out who this is aimed at, surely the people who would want it will already have all the shows.

But, as is said above, it's there if you want it and there's no arm twisting if you don't. It's not as if an otherwise unavailable show has cynically been included.

It surely one for the completists only.

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It surely one for the completists only.

I'd disagree with that. If only because I feel addressed by it. I have none of the offically live releases and upgrading my old bootlegs is very tempting.

Personally I don't care. There will be no more Springsteen releases or live shows that will bring me us much joy as the ones I already own or have seen. And for a while a few years ago I had even grown tired of him. The content of his lyrics and interviews just didn't match with his ticket prices, for example, culminating with the elitist Broadway shows. But curiously enough it was Live at Broadway and him basically admitting that most of it had been an act all along, that made me able to enjoy his music again.

Just now, LeoGetz said:

I'd disagree with that. If only because I feel addressed by it. I have none of the offically live releases and upgrading my old bootlegs is very tempting.

Personally I don't care. There will be no more Springsteen releases or live shows that will bring me us much joy as the ones I already own or have seen. And for a while a few years ago I had even grown tired of him. The content of his lyrics and interviews just didn't match with his ticket prices, for example, culminating with the elitist Broadway shows. But curiously enough it was Live at Broadway and him basically admitting that most of it had been an act all along, that made me able to enjoy his music again.

I grew tired of him for a bit too. I moaned plenty. I realise how tedious it was.

That Jertucky fella said it the other day. He’s a man of contradictions. We all are. But in this case it’s just available product. There’s no harm done. 

• Like 1