Greasy Lake Community

Darkness boxset announced

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

The level of moaning on some of these threads is remarkable.

Who cares.

He’s made product available. Am I buying it? No, because if I never heard a ‘78 show again I’d be ok. If someone else wants to then great.

What do people expect acts to do? Not make stuff available? Give it away? 

Not exactly life altering stuff here is it. 

Agreed. Put peek behind the curtain and it's Bruce re-flogging stuff.

How about a box set of stuff that we don't have? 

What's next? An overpriced box set of The River stuff that's already out there?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a thread about an empty cardboard box nearly onto 4 pages, imagine if he actually releases something 

Removing Sunny Days kids from Waiting on a Sunny Day is indeed great work.

Seems Jessica needs a new horse (or a new 'orse, if you want).

4 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Agreed. Put peak behind the curtain and it's Bruce re-flogging stuff.

Bloody hell, it’s not like he’s not been fairly busy! By all accounts there’s a tracks 2 coming soon anyway.

The gates are open like they’ve never been before. I would have killed for this and the live series years ago but now I’m just not into it. Heard it all before over and over and I’m good with that. 

The flow will continue for years to come. Take what you want and leave the rest. It’s all good. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

....release of Tempe 1980 on CD? So: the songs on the DVD, but not released on audio (yet); and the songs not on the DVD, which were already previously released on audio.

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I'm yet to work out who this is aimed at, surely the people who would want it will already have all the shows.

But, as is said above, it's there if you want it and there's no arm twisting if you don't. It's not as if an otherwise unavailable show has cynically been included.

"not as if an otherwise unavailable show has cynically been included."

very good point Keith

there really is nothing to see here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember the days when I used to pay $75 for a three-album bootleg set of a live show. Of varying sound quality.

I've had no compunction with putting hard-earned money in a bootleggers hand over the years, so I really can't balk at financing Bruceco for putting out better quality shows.

I'll pay for this set because I haven't bought any of the previous 78 releases and this is a nice package deal. I was there in '78, and the magic was real.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
On 12/18/2020 at 7:48 PM, Lampi said:

Seems Jessica needs a new horse (or a new 'orse, if you want).

Some of you clearly have a limited grip of reality if you think he’s selling stuff to fund lifestyle choices at this stage.

I’d suggest he’s not glancing at the calendar and working out how long there is until payday. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, stillilllife said:

What are you referring to here?

The bit in the beginning when he talks about the magic trick. Growing up in a working class household he definately experienced what it means to struggle to make ends meet. But he wanted to be a rock star and get famous and rich. And from the moment he had his breakthrough with Born To Run he stopped being "one of us". Pretending to still be, though, is part of what made him a huge superstar. It was a great strategy and it worked. No problem with that. At least that's how I interpret it.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I'm yet to work out who this is aimed at, surely the people who would want it will already have all the shows.

But, as is said above, it's there if you want it and there's no arm twisting if you don't. It's not as if an otherwise unavailable show has cynically been included.

Brilliant ....don't give him any ideas :lol:

• Haha 2

You’d think he was selling £5 kids meal deals for a tenner.

This is a collection of shows recorded over 40 years ago that most fans probably already have in one format or another.

It’s absolutely the very definition of non essential, luxury item when it come to Bruce stuff. No idea what people are moaning about. 

3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Some of you clearly have a limited grip of reality if you think he’s selling stuff to fund lifestyle choices at this stage.

I’d suggest he’s not glancing at the calendar and working out how long there is until payday. 

Hmm. I'm not so sure.

Like any big business in 2019, Bruce and JLM would have sat down with their business accountants and gone through their projections and budgets for 2020. Those projections would have included a lucrative stadium tour. Tickets. Merchandise. Kerching.

Of course, it never happened. And people still have to be paid.

5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Hmm. I'm not so sure.

Like any big business in 2019, Bruce and JLM would have sat down with their business accountants and gone through their projections and budgets for 2020. Those projections would have included a lucrative stadium tour. Tickets. Merchandise. Kerching.

Of course, it never happened. And people still have to be paid.

Well he ain’t dragging himself out of this imaginary financial abyss with this 1978 boxset is he.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
19 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

So if you want the CDs it’s about 13 USD (9 and a bit quid) per CD. Hardly daylight robbery. 

People have been skint in times of a pandemic or not. That’s just life.

Your post made me think of this song.

2 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Empty boxes are sold out already :unsure:

:o

It did cross ny mind do they sent them flat ?- then they could go as an oversized letter - or as a fullu assembled box full of air packed in a fancy carton with lots of extra packaging that would jack up the shipping 

Already got a couple of shows from 78. Priced way too high for me especially since playing CDs these days has become a task as none of the car manufacturers here have a CD system in the car. Nice to have physical copies no doubt but 14 k in Indian currency is a bit too much

• Sad 2
On 12/19/2020 at 2:58 PM, Promise61 said:

Agreed. Put peek behind the curtain and it's Bruce re-flogging stuff.

He’s going to start selling the songs remastered, note by note. “Racing in the Street, B flat for .99!”