Greasy Lake Community

Christmas archive: NYC 7 November 2009

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Christmas, everybody! WIESS night is our 2020 festive archive release. 2009-11-07 MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK CITY, NY THUNDERCRACK (with Curt Ramm) / SEEDS / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT /

WOW! Due to the reported technical problems with the recording of this show I had totally given up on ever seeing this show released. My first show on US soil, and what a show it was. Prior

Many more, including me. When the chance arose to go to NY for those two shows, I knew I would regret it if I didn't go despite it costing a heck of a lot for a weekend. I really would have kicke

Posted Images

For anybody wondering, the two-track source kicks in at 3:46 on "Lonesome Day" and ends at 3:21 in "The Rising". That's less than four minutes of the show (2:57:25 run time). 

It's noticeable but not disastrous (arguably still sounds better than the 2014 NUGS releases!). Haven't listened to the matrix in a while so not sure if that patch would have been any better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

WIESS is my favorite album, and this show was one of the best concert experiences I've ever had.  They did such a fantastic job with the album.  Yeah, going form NYCS to Sunny Day was going from the sublime to the ridiculous.  But by that point it didn't really matter -- the WIESS performance was that good.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3
12 minutes ago, Perisic said:

Would have preferred another one to be honest, already have this in great quality.

The quality of this release is definitely better than the matrix. I’ve only listened to half the show but they’ve done a good job with this. Guitars sound great throughout. As with so many of the NUGS releases - arguably all of them aside from Christic - they’ve deemed the fan tapes irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
2 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Anybody else find it weird that there is no mention of the tapes being broken or corrupted or whatever? Since that was the oft-touted reason for this not being released.

It gets hinted at, rather than explained. I can't help but be curious as to why such a short segment is missing. Did somebody accidently switch the recorder off?

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Marnix said:

what a great unexpected release for Christmas release. I really didn´t see this one coming. It´s gonna be a fantastic Christmas!!

Me neither 

I didn't even register there would be Christmas release 

I already have the last two shows backed up not digested yet due to WS

Now i have to cull a whole bunch of something on my phone  to make room

Marry Christmas everybody 

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce !!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

Pretty sure it's the only archive version with Clearance singing "baby's back" as well

Awsome !

I hear that in my head as i read it !

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Anybody else find it weird that there is no mention of the tapes being broken or corrupted or whatever? Since that was the oft-touted reason for this not being released.

From Backstreets.

I wonder if the final sentence is a hint or just wishful thinking. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

From Backstreets.

I wonder if the final sentence is a hint or just wishful thinking. 

Capture.JPG

I think its called trying harder and actually opening their eyes when they look for things

• Like 1

I just realized this show predates my love for kitty by one year 

I followed this tour before i knew all of you by reading the news at bxt

All the.U tube footage i could find of the WOAD tour sucked big time

I remember when they announced full albun shows  - i was so jelouse but just could not imangine how i would ever get to see him live

Gary's having a xmas day nap so i can turn up seeds ! 

Oh and this is my preferred way to listen to Rosie 

Incident into rosie 

It should be a law

I absolutely used to love Rosie but i just can't abide by her being in the encore