Greasy Lake Community

River on vinyl

16 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Side four (Ramrod, Price, Drive, Wreck) is the best side of Bruce vinyl, ever.

I have nothing against this quote at all and maybe true, but I listen to side 1 like 50 times more than the other 3 sides combined! 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, plastering tony said:

Can’t explain why it’s better on vinyl, but it is 

Don't know either but when the "heart and soul" resonates off the record it literally feels like it's floating off of the vinyl and into your "soul." The most raw and gut-wrenching moment in Bruce's entire catalogue

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, sleepyjoe said:

Drive All Night on vinyl is one of the greatest things put to record

The words 'Drive All Night' and 'great' don't go together, I'm afraid.

45 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I have nothing against this quote at all and maybe true, but I listen to side 1 like 50 times more than the other 3 sides combined! 

The same for me; not 50 times I think, but far more listens to Side 1 than the other 3 sides combined.

I have struggled with the album for 30 years but appreciate it more now, especially the much-maligned River Rockers. Still 3 songs I don't like though.

The River 2016 Tour probably was reason for a re-reappreciation of the album among fans, especially some deeper cuts.

• Bruuuuce! 1

7 minutes ago, Lampi said:

The River 2016 Tour probably was reason for a re-reappreciation of the album among fans, especially some deeper cuts.

I think I've said this a handful of times now, but that tour with the full album being played was like going to a whole new Album tour. As I got 14 songs I'd never seen live before. When a new album/tour comes out, what 8 songs tops are played live. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

As some songs from "The River" date back to the Darkness-Sessions I can say, that this whole era Darkness/The River including all the outtakes released and unreleased for me is the essence of Bruce`s work. Deep songs, commercial love songs, party Rock'n'Roll, potential Pop Hits (at first drawn back or given to others - you have to be a very special artist to do that!!!) And the first time 3-at least nearly 4 hour-shows being played. I sure love the earlier stuff too, but here master-class began!

• Like 4

That river tour 2016 was the best thing since sliced bread !

But darkness side 2 followed by darkness side 1 best album side ever 

The River i find its a perfecf track list in that each side has a mix of deep cuts and river rockers 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That river tour 2016 was the best thing since sliced bread !

But darkness side 2 followed by darkness side 1 best album side ever 

The River i find its a perfecf track list in that each side has a mix of deep cuts and river rockers 

Going to play Darkness on vinyl today so could change my mind lol

• Bruuuuce! 1