Greasy Lake Community

Steven Van Zandt plans to publish autobiography, ‘Unrequited Infatuations’

Just now, gus said:

Our great friend hindsight. Eh Steve? Your back and that's all that matters. 

That's why i'll never tire of Bobby Jean when its played live with Steve up there beside Bruce :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, el sergio said:

You probably might be right. I take that assumption based on some topics from the Rolling Stone January 2020 interview, see https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/steven-van-zandt-interview-marriage-bruce-springsteen-sopranos-933523/

1) He learned his lesson in 1982:

You left the E Street Band in 1984. What advice would you give yourself the day before you did that?
Don’t do it! It’s the one defining moment of my life. It was a mistake I’ve never recovered from. Financially, it was apocalyptic. That said, we did take years off the life of the South African government [Van Zandt created Artists United Against Apartheid in 1985]. But is that worth losing all of my friends, all of my power base, all my juice, all my celebrity capital, to save a few lives? And you’ve got to say, “Yeah, sure. It was.” But I look back and think, “Jeez, if only I could’ve done those things and stayed.” I would’ve had the perfect life.

2) He learned his lesson again in 2020:

To wrap up, there have been a lot of Bruce interviews in recent months where he says the E Street Band are touring in 2020. Are you pretty sure it’s going to happen?
Until I see a press release, I don’t care what he says, alright? I mean, I’ve gotten in trouble before, so I’ve learned my lesson. I don’t care what he says. Yes, I hope so. I even may think so. But until there’s a press release, all I can say is that I hope so and I think so.

3) Touring with the E-Street a vacation? Sound not very rock'n rollish to me

Are you ready fore a two-year tour?
Yeah. To be honest with you, it’s like a vacation.

The guy has points on BITUSA. And he makes it sound like he was in the poor house. I bet he still gets nice royalty cheques from that every six months.

2 hours ago, gus said:

Our great friend hindsight. Eh Steve? Your back and that's all that matters. 

Still, he could lose some weight.

news0401kiss.jpg.b07ae685cbd2f961a42efe779850e8b9.jpg

Steve & Max save the day — and dress to kill — for Rock Hall ceremony
E Street Band fans are, of course, looking forward to the band's long-deserved induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 10 in Brooklyn. Members of the KISS Army are anticipating their idols' honor, too. But there were many sad soldiers when it was announced that, due to dissension between current and former band members, no version of KISS would be performing at the ceremony.

E Streeters, to the rescue: shouting it out loud at this morning's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum press conference, Steve Van Zandt and Max Weinberg took the stage in full makeup to announce that they'll be filling out the KISS line-up for the occasion. "For a band who famously wants to rock and roll all night," Steve said, "We couldn't just stand by while they didn't rock and roll for even a small portion of the night."

"Spaceman" Steve also cited his fondness for vodka and orange juice, while "Catman" Max promised those in attendance "the best goddamn version of 'Beth' you've ever heard."

The press conference gave Van Zandt the opportunity to unveil plans for his new SiriusXM channel, Little Steven's KISSing Booth, conceived along with noted KISS afficionado Dave Marsh. "Basically, we're gonna play 'Strutter,' songs that influenced 'Strutter,' and songs that 'Strutter' influenced. Oh, and 'Lick It Up,' too."

This news follows the announcement of the forthcoming Springsteen EP, Give the Girl a KISS, comprised of four songs that didn't make the cut for American Beauty. Among the tunes — including the reworked title track and two KISS covers — an eight-minute version of "I Was Made For Loving You" reportedly includes new lyrics about a character from the Old West.
- Backstreet news, April 1, 2014

3 hours ago, el sergio said:

news0401kiss.jpg.b07ae685cbd2f961a42efe779850e8b9.jpg

Steve & Max save the day — and dress to kill — for Rock Hall ceremony
E Street Band fans are, of course, looking forward to the band's long-deserved induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 10 in Brooklyn. Members of the KISS Army are anticipating their idols' honor, too. But there were many sad soldiers when it was announced that, due to dissension between current and former band members, no version of KISS would be performing at the ceremony.

E Streeters, to the rescue: shouting it out loud at this morning's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum press conference, Steve Van Zandt and Max Weinberg took the stage in full makeup to announce that they'll be filling out the KISS line-up for the occasion. "For a band who famously wants to rock and roll all night," Steve said, "We couldn't just stand by while they didn't rock and roll for even a small portion of the night."

"Spaceman" Steve also cited his fondness for vodka and orange juice, while "Catman" Max promised those in attendance "the best goddamn version of 'Beth' you've ever heard."

The press conference gave Van Zandt the opportunity to unveil plans for his new SiriusXM channel, Little Steven's KISSing Booth, conceived along with noted KISS afficionado Dave Marsh. "Basically, we're gonna play 'Strutter,' songs that influenced 'Strutter,' and songs that 'Strutter' influenced. Oh, and 'Lick It Up,' too."

This news follows the announcement of the forthcoming Springsteen EP, Give the Girl a KISS, comprised of four songs that didn't make the cut for American Beauty. Among the tunes — including the reworked title track and two KISS covers — an eight-minute version of "I Was Made For Loving You" reportedly includes new lyrics about a character from the Old West.
- Backstreet news, April 1, 2014

Thank You for including the date ..... I almost fell for it ....I'm a big fan of Strutter :lol:

Presumably, there are confidentiality agreements in place to prevent any 'unauthorised' revelations about Bruce and the other members of the E Street Band. We're probably not going to get anything very juicy, I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Tom74 said:

Presumably, there are confidentiality agreements in place to prevent any 'unauthorised' revelations about Bruce and the other members of the E Street Band. We're probably not going to get anything very juicy, I'm afraid.

Why do you think that would be?

4 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Because Bruce, God bless him, is a control freak?

You think he would have control over what Steve can write in his own autobiography? That would be sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

You think he would have control over what Steve can write in his own autobiography? That would be sad.

To be fair if it was me and a friend of mine was writing an autobiography there are definitely things I would not want them to include about me. We have to remember Bruce is a human as well, who suffers from bouts of depression at times and this could put him in a tailspin.

Besides being famous and friends with other famous people, even if Steve did not specifically name drop him, but referred to something that is easy to decipher I can't imagine him enjoying that.

It is not controlling what Steve can write about his life, it is about (not everything) but the things Bruce is embarrassed about or things he does not want the public to know about their friendship. You can't blame him for wanting a private even though he is famous. That was what I believe he talked about in btr and moving to cali. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zzcoolness said:

To be fair if it was me and a friend of mine was writing an autobiography there are definitely things I would not want them to include about me. We have to remember Bruce is a human as well, who suffers from bouts of depression at times and this could put him in a tailspin.

Besides being famous and friends with other famous people, even if Steve did not specifically name drop him, but referred to something that is easy to decipher I can't imagine him enjoying that.

It is not controlling what Steve can write about his life, it is about (not everything) but the things Bruce is embarrassed about or things he does not want the public to know about their friendship. You can't blame him for wanting a private even though he is famous. That was what I believe he talked about in btr and moving to cali. 

I hope Steve writes a book about his own life because I think he’s lived a hell of a life. I find him to be a more interesting guy than Bruce overall. But if he has a story to tell that includes Bruce, I would hope he doesn’t hold back because Bruce is too sensitive or afraid of people knowing the truth about himself. I thought that was a drawback to Bruce’s own book, not open enough.

• Like 3

I kind of love the title 

Unrequited Infatuations

I would not wanted any friendships strained by any revalations in any book but im sure Steve will be mindful of that

A book is a lot different to a tweet

It goes through a lot of editing before it gets anywhere near the printer 

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

I hope Steve writes a book about his own life because I think he’s lived a hell of a life. I find him to be a more interesting guy than Bruce overall. But if he has a story to tell that includes Bruce, I would hope he doesn’t hold back because Bruce is too sensitive or afraid of people knowing the truth about himself. I thought that was a drawback to Bruce’s own book, not open enough.

I think that is apart of who Bruce is, it seems to be very hard to open to people, let alone millions of strangers.

I would love to hear real stories as well, just not the same Disney Land, Superbowl, Elvis (I'd love clarifying details though), etc

• Like 3

13 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

I think that is apart of who Bruce is, it seems to be very hard to open to people, let alone millions of strangers.

I would love to hear real stories as well, just not the same Disney Land, Superbowl, Elvis (I'd love clarifying details though), etc

Don’t forget the same stories about his father!!!! I haven’t heard enough about that relationship yet. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

Steve telling exactly what happened when they drove to Graceland after the show in Memphis 29 April 1976, could maybe interesting. Assuming Steve still remembers everything after all these years (unlikely) or made some notes about it the next day (also unlikely I would say, but you never know).

Personally I would probably be most interested in more details about the recording sessions and all the 'lost discussions'. And also about the recording sessions of the Reunion Era, as not that much is known about them, compared to 70s and 80s recording sessions.

Stories about life on the road (at least with the ESB) could be disappointing. Maybe Steve could tell more about what happened in Indianapolis 6 June 1978, though.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Steve telling exactly what happened when they drove to Graceland after the show in Memphis 29 April 1976, could maybe interesting. Assuming Steve still remembers everything after all these years (unlikely) or made some notes about it the next day (also unlikely I would say, but you never know).

Personally I would probably be most interested in more details about the recording sessions and all the 'lost discussions'. And also about the recording sessions of the Reunion Era, as not that much is known about them, compared to 70s and 80s recording sessions.

Stories about life on the road (at least with the ESB) could be disappointing. Maybe Steve could tell more about what happened in Indianapolis 6 June 1978, though.

Why would stories about life in the road be disappointing? Disappointing in hearing unsavory stories about the band members or disappointing in their lack of interesting developments?

33 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Love to find out about Indy too

55 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Strippers :lol:

More excitting than a monopoly game i suppose ! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Strippers :lol:More excitting than a monopoly game i suppose ! 

Daisey!:angry: You should not reveal all this here for the people who are too lazy to go to Brucebase to find out for themselves!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:D:D:D:D:D

OK. Have you heard the news!:) Bruce Springsteen & The ESB visit a club for 'Gentlemen'! Bruce Springsteen & The ESB play a show with half-naked women on stage!

Everyone go to Brucebase to read it and find out!:)

Now some would say this is far more interesting than Bruce telling stories about his father...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Daisey!:angry: You should not reveal all this here for the people who are too lazy to go to Brucebase to find out for themselves!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:D:D:D:D:D

OK. Have you heard the news!:) Bruce Springsteen & The ESB visit a club for 'Gentlemen'! Bruce Springsteen & The ESB play a show with half-naked women on stage!

Everyone go to Brucebase to read it and find out!:)

Now some would say this is far more interesting than Bruce telling stories about his father...

:lol:

It all sounds like a cover story in a trashy woman's mag at the supermarket checkout on a quiet week for Megan & Harry :lol:

I like the Danny stories the best 

....well after the Dad stories (even Gary likes those and he had a pretty happy relationship with both his parents)

My favourite one is the one before the river on the live box set 

Be a cold heart who doesn't love that one 

I also love how Douglass' favourite songs were the ones about him

And when he came to visit before Evan was born

Oh wait .... this thread is about Steve's stories :lol:

Well we know he was none to happy the ESB wasn't inducted into the R&RHoF when Bruce was 

But that would have left Nils AND Patti out 

Ive often wondered how Steve gets on with Patti ???

26 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

:lol:

It all sounds like a cover story in a trashy woman's mag at the supermarket checkout on a quiet week for Megan & Harry :lol:

I like the Danny stories the best 

....well after the Dad stories (even Gary likes those and he had a pretty happy relationship with both his parents)

My favourite one is the one before the river on the live box set 

Be a cold heart who doesn't love that one 

I also love how Douglass' favourite songs were the ones about him

And when he came to visit before Evan was born

Oh wait .... this thread is about Steve's stories :lol:

Well we know he was none to happy the ESB wasn't inducted into the R&RHoF when Bruce was 

But that would have left Nils AND Patti out 

Ive often wondered how Steve gets on with Patti ???

Here’s a Patti story: My brother got yelled at by her in a bar in the early 80s when a friend of his pinched her behind as she walked past and she thought he did it. 

• Haha 3