Greasy Lake Community

Steven Van Zandt plans to publish autobiography, ‘Unrequited Infatuations’

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

disappointing in their lack of interesting developments?

This. Looks like in the 70s they did not do much more than travel with the tourbus, play 3-hour soundchecks and then 3-hour shows, and sleep inbetween. All discipline for the performance to prove it all night, every night. And lack of money for sex and drugs and rock and roll; well the rock and roll was on stage every night.

When things maybe got interesting, Steve left. Like, the Tunnel Tour and everything around it, Bruce and Patti in the eye of the hurricane, the sour relationships between Bruce and band during that tour, stories from band members about all this could be interesting (or maybe not). But Steve was not there of course.

And Steve was not around in the early days of the ESB too (at least not as a member of the ESB). Maybe one time we will learn what really happened between Bruce and Suki?

A little exception could be stories about the 1981 European Tour (and maybe even the 1975 European mini-Tour).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Was Steve at Max's house for those ?

I don't know (even if for some very strange reasons some people are thinking otherwise, I don't know EVERYTHING...hey come on...:D).

Steve was there during BUSA recordings sessions. Don't know if he was always there. And he sang backing vocals on the original version of Janey Don't You Lose Heart (Nils' backing vocals on the released version of Janey/B-Side of I'm Goin' Down was Nils' first recording in the studio as an E-Streeter).

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 1/2/2021 at 8:51 PM, bobfan1976 said:

‘Rock n roll consigliere’ though? I always cringe when rock stars hijack mafiosi terminology. Ok, Italian antecedents notwithstanding, you haven’t been advising on who to hit, most profitable new rackets to enter into, or where best to lam it in an emergency! Call it what it is: musical director!

Given Steve's role in the Sopranos, I think he's entitled to a little literary licence 

• Haha 2

On 1/7/2021 at 12:38 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

:lol:

It all sounds like a cover story in a trashy woman's mag at the supermarket checkout on a quiet week for Megan & Harry :lol:

I like the Danny stories the best 

....well after the Dad stories (even Gary likes those and he had a pretty happy relationship with both his parents)

My favourite one is the one before the river on the live box set 

Be a cold heart who doesn't love that one 

I also love how Douglass' favourite songs were the ones about him

And when he came to visit before Evan was born

Oh wait .... this thread is about Steve's stories :lol:

Well we know he was none to happy the ESB wasn't inducted into the R&RHoF when Bruce was 

But that would have left Nils AND Patti out 

Ive often wondered how Steve gets on with Patti ???

I wonder how steve gets on with Nils aswell?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Now the official confirmation about the Stevie Van Zandt memoir , see Unrequited Infatuations by Stevie Van Zandt | Hachette Book Group

Only 256 pages, is there a lot of stuff eventually edit out because inappropriate?

I recently got a unnerving question from an old friend who was into Stevie's music in the 80's: how has come Van Zandt doubled his body size compared to 20 years ago, is he into drugs?

20 minutes ago, el sergio said:

Now the official confirmation about the Stevie Van Zandt memoir , see Unrequited Infatuations by Stevie Van Zandt | Hachette Book Group

Only 256 pages, is there a lot of stuff eventually edit out because inappropriate?

I recently got a unnerving question from an old friend who was into Stevie's music in the 80's: how has come Van Zandt doubled his body size compared to 20 years ago, is he into drugs?

Maybe he stopped being into drugs and replaced them with food?

1 hour ago, el sergio said:

Maybe a consequence of packing in smoking?

There's literally tons of books about Bruce AND the E Street Band. Of course Stevie will write about E Street stories, but in an autobiography by him I like to find out more about the artist (and a great artist!) fomerly and again known as Little Steven!

• Like 1

So we're finally going to get Steve's own take on how he singlehandedly defeated Apartheid in South Africa... ;)

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Frank said:

So we're finally going to get Steve's own take on how he singlehandedly defeated Apartheid in South Africa... ;)

....yet, he couldn't convince his boss to put Loose Ends on a studio album.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, el sergio said:

Maybe he only kept the interesting stuff.   

20 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Maybe a consequence of packing in smoking?

At some point he quit smoking. He was still smoking during The Rising tour. But he was on The Sopranos in which they ate in a lot of scenes. Most of the actors had noticible  weight gain. And he was touring while shooting the show.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, el sergio said:

No its because what does he rally have to say? Bruce will make him leave all the good shit out.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:43 PM, Jertucky said:

Don’t forget the same stories about his father!!!! I haven’t heard enough about that relationship yet. 

Yes and this is the reason I don't want to listen to the Obama/Bruce shows. Aside from his speaking voice being hard to listen to, its also because when he speaks it still sounds like hes performing. My wife asked " does he always talk like hes on stage at BOB"?

Ive never been less interested in a Steve release.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

"Middle Town New York"???? :D

On 3/26/2021 at 7:02 AM, rocknrollcrook said:

At some point he quit smoking. He was still smoking during The Rising tour. But he was on The Sopranos in which they ate in a lot of scenes. Most of the actors had noticible  weight gain. And he was touring while shooting the show.

I have been watching The Sopranos on DVD during the pandemic. Silvio is quite trim compared to some of the other characters like Bobby and Vito. I wonder if they were wearing padding to make them look more obese. Food is an important part of the show. There are many scenes at the Sopranos Sunday dinner and Vesuvio restaurant. Anybody eating so much restaurant food would gain weight. Early in the series one of Meadow's friends asked Carmella how she stayed so thin. Tony and Carmella had exercise equipment in their basement. Carmella had regular tennis lessons with Adriana. Tony was a formidable fist fighter despite looking heavy. After Tony recovered from being shot, he beat up a real muscleman to show that he hadn't lost any of his fist fighting ability.

• Like 2

Hopefully Steve’s book will be better than Clarence’s. What we need is a straight talking book by Garry - he should do it and to hell with the consequences at this stage.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ghostoftom said:

Hopefully Steve’s book will be better than Clarence’s. What we need is a straight talking book by Garry - he should do it and to hell with the consequences at this stage.

C's book was enjoyably kinda weird :lol:

I emjoyed it alot more the 2nd time i read it

Took me a rew chapters to get my head around it in parts but the bits written by his co- author wern't as good 

But Clarence must have had run writting it

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

C's book was enjoyably kinda weird 

I've spent eleven years trying to think of a way of describing it. You've just nailed it!

• Haha 1