Greasy Lake Community

Bruce Interview: working on projects for 2021 and big surprise

One would think that when Bruce says he releasing something big to keep us occupied for the year one could assume it might be coming sooner than the next holiday season. If he plans on touring 2022, why wait till November/dec to release it?!  That would be a full year almost and would not give us anything to occupy 2021

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Dutch sence of humour  switched on today

I thought about also adding a joke about an 'orse but:

1) Maybe one joke too many; 2) That joke is not funny anymore; 3) Jokes about an 'orse are sooo 2020.....

• Haha 2

Alright everyone, time to read *way* too into this and overhype our expectations to the point of insanity and get disappointed when those don't happen.

Sidenote: Who is ready for the 4k remaster of the Passaic video? along with the never before seen Vietnam Vets concert film?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Sidenote: Who is ready for the 4k remaster of the Passaic video? along with the never before seen Vietnam Vets concert film?

The full video of the 1976 show from which Something In The Night is in the Darkness box, and also some snippets in The Promise documentary.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

57 minutes ago, Lampi said:

I thought about also adding a joke about an 'orse but:

1) Maybe one joke too many; 2) That joke is not funny anymore; 3) Jokes about an 'orse are sooo 2020.....

3d032c.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Surprise, Surprise to be remastered and released as a single....

With sweeping orchestral arrangements!?!?!? I could then die an ‘appy man!

(I’m not giving it up Lampi)

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, procdoc said:

Tracks 2 around April time is my prediction 

I read this mentioned on here a lot. What is really left out there that hasn’t already been released? Like one albums worth of stuff or a whole box set?

2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I read this mentioned on here a lot. What is really left out there that hasn’t already been released? Like one albums worth of stuff or a whole box set?

What i want

The stuff left of rhe two disks Jon had Bruce prune back from the original tracks

Then especially 

Lonely night in  the park

Chevy delux

(Keeping Fade to black, the lossin' kind, child bride for Nebraska box) 

And its the little things that count

The songs off the American beauty EP

Plus who knows what else?

Stuff from all those missing albums that isn't already released 

What about all those WS outtakes for the 'orse lovers ?

• Haha 1

Fo me it's not so much 'what?', but 'when?' - we will all be interested whether it's an album, an album boxset or Tracks 2.  Easter is early April so this prediction sounds about right. Fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I could then die an ‘appy man! (I’m not giving it up Lampi)

Jokes about an 'appy man are soooo 2020.....

12 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Good point.

Have to say though there is a lot of very early material which has never been released and of course the outtakes from Nebraska and Born in the USA. I don't think we will see any more River and Darkness outtakes as the better ones from those two albums have already been released when the respective box sets came out. I don't think there were any outtakes from Magic, WOAD and Wrecking Ball. There were lots of additional songs done for Western Stars.

The problem he has is the quality of the material and the quality of the original recordings especially with regard to the early songs. So many songs have already been released on Tracks, the various box sets, and High Hopes. I think there is probably enough for one CD worth with maybe 15 songs on it. He might surprise us all though and release another box set. There are certainly a few songs I would like to see put out there.

There is no point in him releasing a big box set of outtakes if the material isn't good enough and the recordings are sub standard. He would probably have to re-record them, possibly with the band as he did with the three early songs on Letter to you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Like @Daisey Jeep said, the 2 disks from Tracks that were sadly not released when the project went back from 6 discs to 4.

Early songs pre-Greetings from which Bruce did not have the full copyrights (yet) in 1998; the songs known from several semi-legal releases in the-mid 90s (Prodigal Son, The Early Years, Before The Fame, etc).

The 'lost' early 1987 album recorded with country musicians pre-Tunnel of Love. The 'lost'  1994 album, recorded with members of the 1992-1993 band.  The 'lost' 2010 country album. The 'lost' early-mid 90s 'Western Swing' album. Songs from the last 30 years we are not aware of. Probably quite some mid-late 90s recordings, with or without the ESB, that 'went away'. Seeger Sessions left-overs.  Many songs from Nebraska-BUSA Era still not released, but at least part of it will be saved for Nebraska and BUSA box sets.

Probably not that much anymore from WIESS, Born To Run, Darkness and The River. For Born To Run there never was that much anyway, unless you count alternative versions. Lonely Night In The Park. The mastertape of Walking In The Street (aka Lovers In The Cold) is missing, sadly, otherwise it would have been on Tracks (which BTW means Bruce still remembered this song in 1998, unlike some other songs).

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

15 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I'm still hoping for an official Preacher's Daughter.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lampi said:

Jokes about an 'appy man are soooo 2020.....

This brings up a good question. Which was a worse experience: 2020 or listening to Western Stars all the way through?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MacBruce said:

He also confirmed there will be  no tour till 2022.

I think we all knew that anyway.

Fuck

That's a whole year away 

I mean more time for us to all save ....up but its so far away 

Its not like there arnt suitable venues  available all over the world because there are 

I hope Springsteen would release an updated version of these bootlegs as new Tracks boxset with all the b-sides of al the singles and EP’s.

Missing Tracks http://brucebase.wikidot.com/bootleg:missing-tracks-vol-one-thr 

Missing Tracks 2 http://brucebase.wikidot.com/bootleg:missing-tracks-vol-two-thr 

• Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Fuck

That's a whole year away 

I mean more time for us to all save ....up but its so far away 

Its not like there arnt suitable venues  available all over the world because there are 

Not as bad as it seems ....I just hope they and us all stay healthy till then.

I would imagine tour dates etc will be released in the later part of the year, so at least we can book tickets, accommodation and stuff and have something good to look forward to next year.

• Thanks 1