Greasy Lake Community

Bruce Interview: working on projects for 2021 and big surprise

It’s interesting To see what will happen because some people are saying whatever the surprise is, tracks 2 or whatever that it’s going to happen well before next November. Possibly even this spring. Covid Might’ve changed Bruce’s release schedule just like it upended everything else, he may not wait this year to release it in November, Especially when he said that whatever it is will bide our time for 2021, It wouldn’t make sense for it to come one month before 2022

• Like 3

Maybe revisiting the pre-Greetings material ahead of the Letter to You sessions has made Bruce re-evaluate its merits. Stuff like If I Was The Priest was going nowhere - he went to court in 1998 to stop unauthorised release of the Hammond-era material, yet has done nothing himself with it in the 20 years since then other than to leave it languishing in the vaults. If Tracks 2 is, as some had hinted at, likely to focus on more recent (and unbootlegged) material then including a lot of wordy 50-year old songs as part of it wouldn't seem to make a lot of thematic sense. And we know Bruce likes to tell a story with his releases.

So perhaps we are going to get Bruce doing a Taylor Swift and releasing, with immediate effect, an online release of a collection of these songs, with physical release on CD and vinyl to follow.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 10:08 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Maybe its Patti's long awaited 4th album .......

I'd love that. Her three albums are great and her latest (from 13 years back) was the album I listened to the most last year. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, Breakaway said:

I'd love that. Her three albums are great and her latest (from 13 years back) was the album I listened to the most last year. 

I really want Atlas shrugged to be released 

• Like 1

What outtakes are you folks hoping gets released if there is a tracks 2?

Im hoping for BLOOD BROTHERS from the documentary, not the EP version but the one where he sang like a 20second clip..

Also hoping for Preachers Daughter and action in the streets

27 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

All ready released! ;)

And also already released as Paradise By The ''C", even twice (studio version on The River box, and on Live 1975/85).

And, according to Brucebase, probably not recorded in the studio: (quote from Brucebase) ''It is absent from the Darkness studio logs, but could possibly have been recorded under alternate title''.

Reading through this again. I've been thinking, the key word in what Bruce is saying is "surprise".

Would Tracks 2 really be a surprise ?...or a BITUSA or Nebraska Box set ? He even said in recent interviews he was ploughing through old unreleased material for the purpose of another Tracks like album. That looks too obvious to me for a release, rather than a surprise.

What would really be a surprise would be another new record of new material. I wonder if we might be in for a new solo album this year. The third record in consecutive years. I would be astonished if Bruce hasn't been moved to write material based on the biggest catastrophe to hit the world since WW2. In addition to songs actually about the pandemic and the devastating effect it has had on so many people, he may feel, similar to the Rising, that he wants to offer through his songs hope for the future after we eventually come through this disaster. 

Just a thought.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

18 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Reading through this again. I've been thinking, the key word in what Bruce is saying is "surprise".

Would Tracks 2 really be a surprise ?...or a BITUSA or Nebraska Box set ? He even said in recent interviews he was ploughing through old unreleased material for the purpose of another Tracks like album. That looks too obvious to me for a release, rather than a surprise.

What would really be a surprise would be another new record of new material. I wonder if we might be in for a new solo album this year. The third record in consecutive years. I would be astonished if Bruce hasn't been moved to write material based on the biggest catastrophe to hit the world since WW2. In addition to songs actually about the pandemic and the devastating effect it has had on so many people, he may feel, similar to the Rising, that he wants to offer through his songs hope for the future after we eventually come through this disaster. 

Just a thought.

A fine thought. That would be my ideal option given the choice. It would have to be pretty much ready to go however for him to break cover about it.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 1:35 AM, MacBruce said:

Definitely agree here, the definition of "surprise" is an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, etc.

Most of the thread talks about what we already know, for example Tracks 2, no surprises here.

Hoping for a real surprise and also hoping not to be disappointed.............................

• Like 2

Wasn't he chuckling when he said 'surprise'?  Bound to be Tracks 2 or BITUSA boxset which have been rumoured and talked about for the last couple of years.

I'd be...well...surprised, were the next project to be a true surprise. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Growin' Up said:

Wasn't he chuckling when he said 'surprise'?  Bound to be Tracks 2 or BITUSA boxset which have been rumoured and talked about for the last couple of years.

He chuckles all the time when he is being interviewed....

I'm still optimistic we will see something special from him this year to compensate for no tour till 2022.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Please don't surprise us with another WS project.

Please don't surprise us with another album with a picture of an 'o...

....well wait making jokes about that is soooo 2020.

18 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im hoping due to social distancing requirements another wash board/banjo band is out of the question 

But what if there are some 'Banjo Band Outtakes' left?

But what if those outtakes are overdubbed with new guitar solos by Mr. Morello?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

But what if there are some 'Banjo Band Outtakes' left?

But what if those outtakes are overdubbed with new guitar solos by Mr. Morello?

burning-waste-paper-and-cardboard-in-small-garden-incinerator-PC0GXE.jpg

• Haha 3

On 1/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, Growin' Up said:

I'm sure all he meant by 'surprise' is that he isn't yet ready to tell us what will be released next.

• Haha 1