Greasy Lake Community

I just watched the BBC streaming series on the Rise of the Nazis. Followed up with a BBC documentary on the fall of Berlin in 1945. Fascinating and scary. Demonstrates the tragic consequences when people unleash populist forces they ultimately can't control and what happens when too many people are all too willing to believe their percieved problems and misfortunes are due to the 'other'. 

I'd advise Americans to watch these documentaries if they are able to access the BBC. 

• Like 2

I heard that there was a remake being filmed in D.C. yesterday .  Apparently, the production company was looking for a slew of "background actors" aka "extras". :lol:

At any rate, not all of us  (Yanks) have our heads up our ass.  However, we do have more than our fair share demonstrating that ailment.

As the comedian, Ron White, said, "you can't fix stupid".

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Demos said:

I just watched the BBC streaming series on the Rise of the Nazis. Followed up with a BBC documentary on the fall of Berlin in 1945. Fascinating and scary. Demonstrates the tragic consequences when people unleash populist forces they ultimately can't control and what happens when too many people are all too willing to believe their percieved problems and misfortunes are due to the 'other'. 

I'd advise Americans to watch these documentaries if they are able to access the BBC. 

You’ve just described precisely what happened in the UK in 2016.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

You’ve just described precisely what happened in the UK in 2016.

I know. 

• Like 1