Greasy Lake Community

The Rugby Thread

E Street nation

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to the start of the 6nations tommorow, should be an intresting tournament with a strong england and france, wales look well off the pace (shame :lol:)  and I feel Scotland could surpise people.

You never really know what ireland will do, either class or awful

1. Eng

2.Fra

3.Sco

4.Ire

5.Wal

6.Ita

12 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Anyway all sport is rubbish at the moment with no spectators. I’ve lost interest in most sports in empty stadiums.

No problem here 

Plenty of spectators at the cricket this summer 

• Haha 1

I'll keep an eye on this thread as it was our school's sport - the lads were good. (Gosforth)

Fond memories of watching this fella with my dad. The Welsh side of us showing through.

williams.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

16 hours ago, Ninethumbs said:

I shall give tomorrow's game a go. If it's a repeat of the Autumn Ben Youngs boxkicking party then I'm out until classy Eddie buggers off back down under.

Hope they try and play some nice attacking rugby, personally youngs is too slow these days, would rather have dan robson or ben spencer to be honest. Prediction eng 30-7 sco

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/5/2021 at 10:21 AM, E Street nation said:

Looking forward to the start of the 6nations tommorow, should be an intresting tournament with a strong england and france, wales look well off the pace (shame :lol:)  and I feel Scotland could surpise people.

You never really know what ireland will do, either class or awful

1. Eng

2.Fra

3.Sco

4.Ire

5.Wal

6.Ita

:D happens every year !!! 

made hard work of it but got the win ! Well done Scotland too. France’s tournament to lose . 

• Like 1

Scotland were the better team! England were decent but but not brilliant 

Wales on course to win the banned slam

5 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Great win by Wales over Scotland , a little harsh on the red card but best game of the 6 nations :D

9 hours ago, E Street nation said:

Scotland were the better team! England were decent but but not brilliant 

Wales on course to win the banned slam

Scotland were the better team in parts of the game , but they were outplayed in other parts . Welsh defence much improved I’m glad to say .Scotland have vastly improved at last - the signs were there in the autumn-  I sense sour grapes since England embarrassed themselves last week , mainly due to shouting that they were going to win by so many points - that’s never a clever move . England fans do it every year , they never learn .I’m waiting to hear now how much Eng will beat Wales by ! 
what is a banned slam ? Something to do with red cards given to players who  broke rules? That’s sport - play by the rules or lose .Tournament finishing and history depends on points not cards .

A turning point for Wales? Possibly but too early to say . France for the 6 nations quite comfortably but they still got to play a hurting Irish team today should be a good one .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Royston Vasey said:

The first two tries dodgy, not just the first one. Disgraceful refereeing by the French but I guess no surprise. Game changing moments. Just appalling.

Nonsense. The second try was perfectly legitimate.  The arguments against it seem to boil down to referees occasionally misinterpreting the rule in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

I am not sure what was wrong with either try.  A knock on becomes a knock on once the ball touches another player or the ground.  the next player that the ball touched was behind the player who dropped the ball.

The other try if the wide players our out of position that is there fault.  the water carriers were still on the pitch, they were not interfering with play.  the ref said time on so the Welsh player was entitled to play the ball.

There is a lack of knowledge of the rules ny the BBC commentators/analysts, somebody should have put the laws on the screen. 

Wonderful Wonderful Wales...been a great week for sport and all the millions and millions of excuses (see also cricket thread). Ir was really pathetic and toe curling listening to the "expert pundits" trot out excuse after excuse post match, but not at all surprising, best thing they can do is to drop number 4 Itoje he cost them barrowload of points against Scotland and Wales. The officials were magnificent and applied the laws of the game very well something not always done in club rugby. Our Celtic Cousins Wales fully deserve The Triple Crown, although Scotland had their chances against them two weeks ago and the match could have gone either way.

Well done Wales.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1