Greasy Lake Community

The Rugby Thread

E Street nation

What an absolutely wonderful afternoon of sport hard to think how it could ever be bettered. Began with Scotland beating Italy in the rugby by a record score to jump to second in the six nations table. Then over to catch the end of the cricket to see the bowlers of India destroy england`s batsmen to easily win the T20I series (the ball was white not pink). Then back to the rugby to see 13 man Ireland crush a pathetic english team and send them to second bottom in the six nations table (doesn`t that table cheer the cockles of your heart), well at least they beat the wooden spooners.

Now I am so sorry but due to the tight timings between each event I did not have time to listen to the "experts" explain to me what had gone wrong this time....maybe the rain was too purple ? (no it did not rain).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

What an absolutely wonderful afternoon of sport hard to think how it could ever be bettered. Began with Scotland beating Italy in the rugby by a record score to jump to second in the six nations table. Then over to catch the end of the cricket to see the bowlers of India destroy england`s batsmen to easily win the T20I series (the ball was white not pink). Then back to the rugby to see 13 man Ireland crush a pathetic english team and send them to second bottom in the six nations table (doesn`t that table cheer the cockles of your heart), well at least they beat the wooden spooners.

Now I am so sorry but due to the tight timings between each event I did not have time to listen to the "experts" explain to me what had gone wrong this time....maybe the rain was too purple ? (no it did not rain).

I'm going to watch the post match discussion later...along with Ospreys v Leinster

Firstly, Congratulations to Wales Six Nations Champions 2021, well done.

Last night`s game was fantastic entertainment and how Scotland kept the play alive in added time was superb, it was although they knew thay would score to win the game, the just would not be beaten, the Coach was very proud of his team and so pleased their efforts got the just reward and rightly so. Looking at the tournament overall this year the top four teams were so very well matched with very little between them and the bottom two the cannon fodder and also rans who made the difference at the top end of the table by the amount of points each of the top four scored against them.

Scotland started by becoming winners of the Calcutta Cup for the third time in four years in a win that was way more convincing than the scoreline suggests, and they would pay for this later by not translating this to points against one of the bottom two,next up was the one that got away against Wales, yes we should have won and the red card whilst justified by the rules was harsh, but that Welsh side are just so hard to break down and they just dig in and dig in which earned them the one point win, well done Wales. Then the most disappointing of the games this time against Ireland, yes we again had chances to win this one as well but probably would not have deserved it if only for the fact that we never won ANY lineout that whole game (has that ever happened before ?) and lost by three points, so it was a case of move on and learn, Italy were beaten by a record score and we were back on track, but left rueing not having scored more points aginst the other bottom team. Then that fantastic game last night in a game, played in moonsoon conditions at times, which tipped this way and that right until beyond the eighty minute mark and a glorious finish.

Yes I very much enjoyed this years six nations.

Aaaaah very frustrating here in France... Scotland deserve to win the game but I think France deserve his second place in the 6 nations. 

After the game, I saw a lot of bashing against Dulin and it's painful to read that from our "French supporters". He was one of the best player of this team and tournament. 

And he didn't kick out because I think he would do the impossible like the week before and finish with a bonus point (even if we didn't win the 6 nations with that point). And there is a knock in the ruck before and play the advantage. A very short advantage who finish by a penalty against us. Win without a bonus point, win with a bonus point at this moment didn't change anything and loose too... I really think if it was a world cup quarter final he kicked off the ball to win. 

Now, let's see if the Lions will travel this year... So many good players to choose in the UK/Ireland ! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@Promise61 after reading all the comments id love to have your take on this

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opinion/300424066/why-wales-date-with-the-all-blacks-is-a-stupid-cynical-moneymaking-ploy

I would never write off the home team in such a rugby mad nation 

@AMIW you going to try and watch this somehow ?

btw i did find J'Burg Steve on that other place to congratulate his teams win the other night 

On 10/14/2021 at 9:40 AM, JustDan said:

First time I've heard of it.

this is so excitting Dan

first ive heard of it too 

i wonder what a ticket will cost 

i guess its about growing the game so i hope its not too exspensive 

The US are my favourite 2nd tear team 

Canada just missed out on being in the next world cup

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I don't much about this sport but I do enough that if the All Black's play their first team they will destroy the USA club

yes

its kinda like NZ playing Brazil at soccer 

i not sure that's  good for the greater game 

i hope The Eagles play some good rugby and score a few tries 

• 4 weeks later...

After wins in the last two weeks against Tonga ana Australia, tomorrow Scotland face their toughest test this autumn, and will have to show their Calcutta Cup form of the last two seasons to have a chance of getting anything from their game against the number 1 team in the world, who rarely get beat. But this is all about next year and Gregor has things developing nicely for a big push then.

Oh, nearly forgot, Eddie please stay a few more years, that Calcutta Cup seems to be right at home where it is.

• 2 weeks later...