Greasy Lake Community

18 minutes ago, Eileen said:

That was my first thought - but I hope not. I don't like it. Bruce needs a song with a clear message.

That’s a good song that is a pretty non-partisan in theme. Non-partisan would be a great start to help knock down some of the nonsense in this country.

• Like 3
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please Bruce, please pay Sleepy Joe's cafe. For the craic. 

For Biden inauguration - as part of Celebrating America, prime time that evening Jan. 15, 2021, 6:00 a.m. ET Bruce Springsteen, John Legend and Foo Fighters will perform during the prime-tim

The last thing this Inauguration needs is a shooter.  Long Walk Home fits the bill for me.

Posted Images

At an event such as this, where Bruce is playing by invitation, does Bruce choose what to play or does Joe Biden ask him to perform certain songs?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

That’s a good song that is a pretty non-partisan in theme. Non-partisan would be a great start to help knock down some of the nonsense in this country.

Absolutely. Jokes aside, what will be performed this year will probably be as bipartisan as it gets (especially by Bruce).

37 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

You don't see it as an anti-American, help nobody but ourselves song?

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Frank said:

Absolutely. Jokes aside, what will be performed this year will probably be as bipartisan as it gets (especially by Bruce).

41 Shots? 

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Biden came out on ‘Wtcooo’ the night the election was called, so who knows...

I read something in rolling stone online that there is a streamed radio program and WTCOOO is Mr Biden's* walk on music

Is this one and the same thing ?

*(Has he seen the video?)

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

Do you remember the video Mr Jertucky ?

However I'll give you the benifit of the doubt as Bruce has said regarding Brillant disguise, a song can change its meaning over time

(Just not BITUSA ;))

58 minutes ago, Eileen said:

You don't see it as an anti-American, help nobody but ourselves song?

Its all in the punctuation Aunty ;)

While even a Bruce Springsteen tribute act pulled out of President Trump’s sparsely-attended inauguration, the man himself was among the performers for the celebration around President Obama’s 2009 ceremony, which also included Beyonce, U2, Usher, Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, Jon Bon Jovi and Pete Seeger. Trump settled for country singers Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood, ‘90s rock act 3 Doors Down and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Two days before Obama was sworn in, about 400,000 people gathered in the National Mall, which is now filled with security personnel after Trump supporters rioted and invaded the Capitol building, for “We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration.” Springsteen performed the 9/11-inspired “The Rising” with the gospel choir Joyce Garrett Singers and later joined Seeger to perform “This Land Is Your Land.”

While Springsteen was initially reluctant in 2016 to support Hillary Clinton prominently (although he did perform a concert supporting her just days before the election), and was later initially reluctant to criticize President Trump — “ I’m not driven to write any anti-Trump diatribe; that doesn’t feel necessary at the moment,” he told Variety in an October 2017 cover story — before long he caved and lambasted the president’s conduct and decisions on several occasions. He stepped up his rhetoric during his “Springsteen on Broadway” residency, calling Trump’s immigration policies “inhumane” and the presidency a “dark moment.”

And in 2020, he went in. Springsteen lent his support to the campaign early, narrating Biden’s “Hometown” advertisement aimed at swing-state voters, and in August allowed the campaign to use “The Rising” in a video that aired during the Democratic National Convention, and segments of which were reprised on several nights. On SiriusXM shortly before the election, he encouraged people to vote Trump out of office and read a poem calling the administration a “nightmare presidency.”

• Like 2

Dam covid

I was looking forward to a big inauguration with all the bells and whistles

I really enjoyed President Obama's first one 

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Do you remember the video Mr Jertucky ?

However I'll give you the benifit of the doubt as Bruce has said regarding Brillant disguise, a song can change its meaning over time

(Just not BITUSA ;))

I’m not saying what Bruce says the song is about, I’m saying what the lyrics say. We take care of our own. We pick political sides and act like jackasses defending our side but when it comes down to it, the vast majority of us help each other out regardless of political affiliation. 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
8 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

At an event such as this, where Bruce is playing by invitation, does Bruce choose what to play or does Joe Biden ask him to perform certain songs?

Apparently Joe has specifically asked for "Jesse's Girl"

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I read something in rolling stone online that there is a streamed radio program and WTCOOO is Mr Biden's* walk on music

Is this one and the same thing ?

*(Has he seen the video?)

I don’t know, but it is possible. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

It was meant to mean Americans take care of Americans I thought

With the undertone that they wern't doing such a crash hot job of it 

2 minutes ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

True.  Still could be ok if you finish with Better Days

We all could do with better days to finish :)

4 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

It was meant to mean Americans take care of Americans I thought

And to pot with everybody else. Far from the American 'caretakers of the world' theme we've heard so often.

Too insular. Might be true but hey-ho, do the job right (as Daisey's said) and it'll be a start. Not a criticism - we're not doing much better.

• Like 1